SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-15-2007, 03:16 PM

Sage V6.2+ DivX subtitle stopped working.

I store all my movies in DivX format with embedded subtitles, not .srt files. In the past, I would start a movie in Sage from the media library, Divx system manager would pop up (divx 6.8 pro), and I could select the audio/subtitle option from this window.

As of Sage v6.2, the divxsm started up, but the audio/video options are grayed out. I could now change the audio from within Sage, but not the subtitle. If I started the same file with powerdvd, I could still change the audio/subtitle from the DivxSm.

As of Sage 6.3.5, it stopped Powerdvd from being able to play a divx file. It could not find an appropriate driver anymore. I still got the DivSm popup from within Sage and still greyed out audio/subtitle.

I am a novice at software and am not sure what to look for. I reinstalled powerdvd and got it working again. I did a line-by-line file compare on the Sage properties files to see if something was set different. There were lots of new settings, but all the old ones were the same.

Any clue how I can watch Divx files from within Sage and get the option to turn subtitles back on? Any debug process I should try? SageTV has added the Audio menu option. Is one being added for Subtitles? That would be even
better.

Thanks,
Mike