SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-15-2007, 04:26 PM
Sage User

System freeze with Linksys WUSB300N

I've had a problem with SageTV seemingly causing a system freeze for some time now and wanted to see if anyone else had seen this. I'm running WinXP Pro with the latest updates, as well as all the latest driver updates. Everything is fine until I plug in a Linksys WUSB-300N 802.11n wireless card (the router is a Linksys WRT-350N). With the Linksys plugged in, the system will run fine for anywhere from 2 hours to 1 week, at which time is freezes solid. Nothing works (mouse click, ctrl/alt/del, or anything). The only solution is to hard reboot the system with either the reset button or a power cycle. If I remove the WUSB-300N, the system runs great, other than the fact that after a week or so, the SageTV program guide is blank. It's clearly the Linksys USB wireless that is causing the problem, but I can't tell if it's a Linksys issue or a combination of Linksys and SageTV (it happens on SageTV 6.1, 6.2, and today on 6.3).

The system runs fine without SageTV running, but I'm not convinced that really implicates Sage, since the system doesn't do much in the way of network accesses with nothing running. The network activity doesn't seem to be the problem, since I clicked on one of the new Online videos in 6.3, and that took nearly half an hour to download - no problems at all. It happens at random (to me) times, although I suspect it's somehow related to something SageTV is trying to do over the network.

Now to my question: Before tossing the Linksys and spending money trying something else, is anyone running SageTV with a Linksys WUSB-[300N USB interface and, if so, are you having any problems? Additionally, anyone running with a wireless 802.11n interface and having success (and if so, what type of wireless)?

Thanks in advance for any help,

- Ken