SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 12-16-2007, 01:17 PM
Sage User

MVP Music Visulizations

I have the Hauppage MVP media extender. It appears the only visualization available is the song title and album art bouncing around the screen? Whenever I try to change it, that's the only option available. Is there another way to change this? It's pretty dull. On the server, I can select that one or an "electric" current looking visualization that changes colors. Also, are there more I can download somewhere? Windows Media Player has dozens to choose from , so I am a little disappointed at the selection in SageTV, unless I'm missing something.

It's a small issue, overall this is an awesome product.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

On the MVP - it is limited to the Album art and song information. These little units are not extremely powerful, and don't have the full range of options that a fully configured PC can support. Please take that into consideration when judging the unit - it is a specialized piece of hardware, and it is pretty amazing that the little thing does what it does...
Old 12-21-2007, 08:50 AM
Sage User

A great feature my family uses extensivley is the photo slide show during music playback. I realize its not visualization but it is really cool and you can create different folders to hold diffferent sets of images to watch during music playback.