SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-18-2004, 04:39 AM

No Card Selection

I have an ATI TV Wonder VE and when I use the setup wizard, I get past the very first screen and then it asks me to select my card from the pulldown screen. There is no pulldown.

Any ideas?
Old 01-18-2004, 06:46 AM
Sage Icon

The ATI TV Wonder VE is not a capture card, do not expect it to work with SageTV. It is supposed to be a stand alone TV card. It was the first TV card I had and I was never satisified with it, I could not get enough volume from it. I ended up replacing it with a hauppauge TV Go (another card NOT for use with SageTV) after just 2 or 3 months of use. If you want a card intended for use with SageTV you should look at the system requirements for SageTV.

note to Frey: You probably should correct the wording on your system requirements from TV Tuner to something more specific like TV Tuner Capture or PVR card. There are many TV cards like the 2 mentioned above that have tuners but will not work with SageTV.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 01-18-2004, 08:10 AM
Sage Expert

You need a card with a hardware mpeg encoder. The ATI cards use software mpeg encoding. http://www.freytechnologies.com/requirements.html
Old 01-18-2004, 05:13 PM
Sage Icon

Just a slight correction to what carlgar said above. The ATI TV Wonder VE is in fact a tuner/capture card. It does work with other PVR software. The problem with it is that it is software based and uses your CPU to do most of the work.

Having said that, I own one but quickly replaced it with a Hauppauge PVR-250 and then I added a 2nd, 3rd and then added two PVR-USB2s to the setup.

You can however use it as your video card. Sage TV will work fine using it to connect to your monitor or TV set so all is not lost

Carlo
Old 01-18-2004, 05:44 PM
SageTVaholic

The TV Wonder VE is a BT8x8 based TV tuner/capture card, not a video card. It has no output, and won't work in Sage in any capacity. (I think you were thinking of an All-in-Wonder Carlo).

-edit

I had one of these (actually the non VE version that had Stereo audio) and replaced it the second the original WinTV PVR-PCI came out. I'll never go back to software encoder cards.

Last edited by stanger89; 01-18-2004 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01-19-2004, 05:07 AM
Sage Expert

I also used to have one of these, but I gave it to a friend because of poor tv quality and driver issues under XP. Then I made the mistake of buying a creative digital vcr blaster. I ended up getting a PVR-250 which I'm very happy with. I still use the creative card as a secondary tuner, but from now on it's nothing but Hauppage PVR-250's for me.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:42 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally posted by stanger89
The TV Wonder VE is a BT8x8 based TV tuner/capture card, not a video card. It has no output, and won't work in Sage in any capacity. (I think you were thinking of an All-in-Wonder Carlo).

-edit

I had one of these (actually the non VE version that had Stereo audio) and replaced it the second the original WinTV PVR-PCI came out. I'll never go back to software encoder cards.
You're right, I was thinking of the All-In-Wonder model.