SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-24-2004, 11:10 AM
Sage User

Yes...I agree, I plan to switch. I have asked Jeff if there is any reason why this would not work with the new V2, or if it is unecessary or there is another workaround we will need
Old 01-24-2004, 11:12 AM
Sage User

Once channels from more then two broadcast sources are in the EPG (either wtih one card solution as desribed in this thread, or with two card solution also discussed) has anyone figured out how to resort them....or to manally move them? Some of my ATSC *-1* channels are mixed throughout the combined EPG, therefore amongst the DirecTV channels. I need them all to appear before the first DirecTV channel of 100
Old 01-24-2004, 05:42 PM
Sage User

Works fine in V2.
Old 01-25-2004, 08:17 AM
Sage User

What works fine....the adjustment that Jeff made for us.....or the ordering of ATSC station numbers sub 100 with a digital cable or sat guide for >100? On the latter issue, I had to put leading zeros in the remapping for the lower ATSC channels in order to get them into the right place....e.g. 004-1, 005-1, 008-1, 011-1, etc. As soon as I took out the leading zeros....some of them pop back into various places in the guide.....so that was my workaround
Old 01-25-2004, 08:31 AM
Sage User

sorry, meant the map 2 epg to one source fix works fine.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:18 PM
Sage User

I am having troubles mapping two EPGs to the same card. My current confiiguration is using a Pvr 350 with Digital Cable . I would like to use the Coax cable in for the first 100 channels, then use the rca out of my cable box to the Svideo in of my 350 to record all other channels. I have added the lines specified earlier in the thread to my sage.properties file, but still when i start Sage back up and go to the set up wizard I still have only one source listed ( Hauppauge Wintv Pvr Pci II Capture Tv Tuner ). And when i click " Add New Source ". It changes my current config. I do not see " an SVideo 6 input" listed anywhere. I don't know what i'm doing wrong here. I AM still using the 15 day trial ( i don't know why that would make a difference, but i thought i would put that out there. ) Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:59 PM
Sage Icon

Blue, I don't think you need to use this thread. This thread is intended for mapping 2 EPGs to a single source. I believe you are trying to map 2 EPGs to 2 sources. The tuner is one and Svideo would be the other. The only issue you may have is that you need to use 2 different EPG providers. This is usually something like digital and the other is basic. However, I believe a recent post by someone indicated that they were able to use the same provider and then select basic or extended from the sub-menu. From my experience if you try to use the same provider for both inputs, one will override the other giving you the results you are seeing.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:40 PM
Sage User

As you can see in this thread.. In the past helpful folks helped me map two EPG's to one source since my Hughes HTL-HD has both sat and cable running into it. Well, I just hit a snag with that solution. DTV Local Channels showed up with the same channel number as my cable system. Sage tunes, for example, channel 3 and I get the DTV local out of the Hughes (which I do not subscribe to) instead of the cable channel 3. Channel 3 is not in my Sage DTV available channel list so I think this is just a function of the Hughes box and the serial interface. Any ideas on how to tell the HTL-HD to tune the cable input 3 and not the DTV input 3? Little confused at this point so I hope this makes enough sense for someone to help!
Old 11-24-2004, 07:10 AM
Sage User

Well, the fix Jeff had proposed (which I shared in post 18) has failed to provide me with the incremental SVideo_6 available to map to the second EPG when I did a brand new install of Sage 2.1 onto a new hard drive. [I am in the process of rebuilding the pc]. Still works fine in the 2.0 version I had not monkeyed with for the past year prior to my decision to clean up my computer and change drives. Can anyone that understands the rationale for what Jeff had recommended previously shed some light on this (I did not understand the logic before, admittedly....I just implemented)?
Samsung HLM437W DLP TV via DVI as Primary
Toshiba TN50X81 HDTV via Component as Secondary
SageTV + Harmony SST-659 + Gyration keyboard/mouse = bliss
Old 11-24-2004, 11:26 AM
Sage Expert

davedelite:

Did you see the steps I described in this post here ?

Is this applicable?
Old 11-24-2004, 12:29 PM
Sage User

Does anyone know if it would be possible to have two tuner EPG setting? I live in area where I can receive two different markets worth on channels, but I haven't found an city location in Sage that has both markets channels. Is there a way to make a "dummy" tuner so I could have both?
Old 11-25-2004, 11:52 PM
Sage User

Talking

Woo-Hoo I figured it out! I added the following lines to my properties file:

mmc/encoders/1642691032/1/1/video_crossbar_index=1
mmc/encoders/1642691032/1/1/video_crossbar_type=1

That gave me a Tuner_2 in the setup wizard and I was able to add another cities listings my my EPG! This is something I have been trying to do from the start.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:40 AM
Sage User

Was this tested and working with 2.2? It looks like a good solution.

I have a voom box that does both local digital and voom channels, and want the guide integrated from the one box.

The other problem is that the over-the-air guide for Boston does not have the extra digital channels, like 2-2, 44-2,44-3, etc. It only has the std analog channels.

But if you go to the voom site and do a prgm guide from the zap2it site, it shows digital local AND voom channels on an integrated guide, so you'd think you could select it

So, anyone gotten digital channel numbering, integrated to the voom channels working on VOOM?