SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:44 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Wow, as far as i'm concerned, you can stop right there, I absolutely love it
I just need those extra bits of information from your scraper to finish it off

Old 02-27-2009, 01:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
I've attached a screenshot of where I'm up to with the logo's. After not seeing it for a few days I'm now thinking that what I have and what you've posted is all I really need. I'll still add the parental ratings if the episode data contains it but I don't think I need to use genre icons as this is just over kill and the screen will end up looking over crowded.
You keep outdoing yourself. Keep it up!
Server: HP AMD64 dual core running Win7 64bit (MCE disabled) with 4G memory Tuners: 2 PVR-500(disabled), 3 HDHR and 1 HDPVR Clients: 2 HD200 and 1 HD100 TV: 70" and 52" and 42" Media Storage: ReadyNas 8TB Recording media: 300GB + 200GB+ 250 GB Network: Gigabit backbone'

Thanks to all the developers who work on SageMC, code, utilities and plug-ins to make SageTV better!!!
Old 02-27-2009, 01:52 PM
SageTVaholic

I echo ep's comment perfect. Can't wait to try it.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Is there a way for the info screen to detect the .m2ts files in the bluray folder format as HD rather than DVD so that when the logo comes up it will say HD?
HD200: 46" LCD & HD200:26" LCD
Old 03-06-2009, 05:10 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc983 View Post
Is there a way for the info screen to detect the .m2ts files in the bluray folder format as HD rather than DVD so that when the logo comes up it will say HD?
Proberly, but I've not looked at that yet.

While I'm here, I've attached a few more screenshots of the new grouped tv show import I'm working on.

Any comments or suggestions are always welcome as usual
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tabs.jpg (626.3 KB, 364 views)
File Type: jpg Some Expanded.jpg (156.7 KB, 364 views)
File Type: jpg Fully Expanded Tabs.jpg (168.6 KB, 378 views)

Last edited by jaminben; 03-06-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

Ben, those look fantastic!!! any word on when we may see this awesome addition?
Old 03-06-2009, 07:32 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Quote:
Properly, but I've not looked at that yet.

While I'm here, I've attached a few more screenshots of the new grouped tv show import I'm working on.

Any comments or suggestions are always welcome as usual
Looks good. Is this an upcoming revision of the TV Info screen, Movie Info screen, or a merge of both? Either way, I definately want!!!!!!!

Now for some feedback......
I'm not sure how I feel about using the volume buttons to open tabs. I wonder if there is a way to have all of the tabs on one side of the screen, like the bottom , or left, then just control them by highlighting with the D-Pad, or Info screen in some combination. We all know how important navigation is with the left button = back thing, so I guess having them on the left for D-pad navigation is out of the question, but maybe at the top, or bottom would do. Maybe setting 4 custom commands for the tabs, for those of us with lots of spare buttons on our remotes, and for those with less buttons, hitting the info button to enable them from a menu. Just thoughts.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejaner View Post
Looks good. Is this an upcoming revision of the TV Info screen, Movie Info screen, or a merge of both? Either way, I definately want!!!!!!!

Now for some feedback......
I'm not sure how I feel about using the volume buttons to open tabs. I wonder if there is a way to have all of the tabs on one side of the screen, like the bottom , or left, then just control them by highlighting with the D-Pad, or Info screen in some combination. We all know how important navigation is with the left button = back thing, so I guess having them on the left for D-pad navigation is out of the question, but maybe at the top, or bottom would do. Maybe setting 4 custom commands for the tabs, for those of us with lots of spare buttons on our remotes, and for those with less buttons, hitting the info button to enable them from a menu. Just thoughts.
I will echo this allot of others as myself have volume buttons mapped to our receivers with universal remotes so using those to access the sub menu's wouldn't be ideal.

Other than that looks great can't wait to try it.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
I will echo this allot of others as myself have volume buttons mapped to our receivers with universal remotes so using those to access the sub menu's wouldn't be ideal.

Other than that looks great can't wait to try it.

Wow I was just about to post this same comment. Currently I can't really adjust my Movie Info screen settings b/c it's mapped to the volume keys which I don't have mapped anywhere.

So yea, something other than volume would be appreciated.

Other:
Mitsubishi 65" DLP
5.1 Speakers on a Kenwood Receiver - Digital SPDIF
Harmony 1000
Old 03-06-2009, 09:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via MSN to Kryspy
Yeah I concur. How about the page up/page down buttons.

Kryspy
Old 03-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
It won't be for awhile yet, but I may release a beta version in the next week or two.

Quote:
I've had the exact same issue, which buttons to assign to each animation. I started off using just one (info button) but soon realised that this was too tedious as you would have to keep pressing the same button to scroll through until you reached the additional info you required. And what happens if you want to keep one of those extra screens open but keep the rest closed? So I decided to split them into three groups.
It feels natural to keep the additional info tied to the extra details like show airing, run time etc so that will stay as it is. Now all I've got to find is two buttons to control the synopsis animation and cover art/ episode images. I thought the volume up/down was a good choice as I don't use those on my setup but I guess I got that wrong as others have stated in the above posts.
The next obvious choice as Kryspy has said is the page up/down button (channel up/down), but this is currently used to quick scroll to the bottom of the listed episodes. So if you had 20 episodes of one show you wouldn't need to press the down arrow 20 times to get to the last episode.
Using the arrows would work but that means left as back would only work after two presses as the first would enable one of the animations. I don't think that's a good idea and would annoy me after awhile.
It would be ideal to let the individual user specify which buttons do what but that maybe a bit tricky for me to code at my current level.
So I'm back to square one, which buttons to use? I think its proberly best to use page up/down. what do you all think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arioch5 View Post
Currently I can't really adjust my Movie Info screen settings b/c it's mapped to the volume keys which I don't have mapped anywhere.
I don't understand what you mean, the Movie Info Screen doesn't use any other buttons other than the "info" button. Well from what I can remember anyway

Quote:
Is this an upcoming revision of the TV Info screen, Movie Info screen, or a merge of both? Either way, I definately want!!!!!!!
Nope, its totally unrelated to my two previous imports and changes the way you view Grouped TV Recordings which I thought would be ideal for a Media Portal style TV series plugin. I think I posted a screenshot of what this screen currently looks like a few posts back.

Regards

Ben

Last edited by jaminben; 03-06-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Why not the star and pound? (don't know just asking)
Old 03-06-2009, 10:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

I don't think the remote has */#, does it?

Just curious, but do you have access to override any button?
Old 03-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
I don't think the remote has */#, does it?

Just curious, but do you have access to override any button?
HD extenders and MVPs have both */# buttons on their remotes.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by w84no1 View Post
HD extenders and MVPs have both */# buttons on their remotes.
Where?
http://z.about.com/d/hometheater/1/0...onal-600-2.jpg
Old 03-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

Is there an app to customize MC ?

2xhd300
Old 03-06-2009, 12:11 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
Oops!, I use the MVP remote with my HD-200.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Right I was wrong don't there there is a */# what about one of the ff/rr buttons?
Old 03-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Right I was wrong don't there there is a */# what about one of the ff/rr buttons?
I thought about those but I wanted to try and keep all the controls in reach of the button pusher, my thumb.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I don't understand what you mean, the Movie Info Screen doesn't use any other buttons other than the "info" button. Well from what I can remember anyway
It uses volume up/down to resize the info boxes if you set up a custom layout. I can change the X-size and location but I can't scale the Y-size b/c it requires volume buttons. I could probably find a way to map those somewhere that I can get to them, but it just wasn't worth it.

Other:
Mitsubishi 65" DLP
5.1 Speakers on a Kenwood Receiver - Digital SPDIF
Harmony 1000