SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
Looking really good! Even if it stayed just like this, I'd be very happy with it.

I know it's still a work in progress, so my nit-picking might be far too early. But, the stars seem to be taking up an awful lot of screen real estate. Also, while I agree that the title needs to be on a background, it might look better if it was shaded like the covers background just below it. The two different shades seem... distracting? The only other thing I'm thinking is that the media icons (watched, h.264, etc.) and the stars might look good on the sides of the title. A long title might cause issues with that, though. My primary reason for thinking this is to not--needlessly--block additional portions of the fanart. Maybe it's just because you're blocking Angelina.
All of these things are 100% customizable, and I would love to see users post their own layouts.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Looking good, this is gonna be the death of AMIS

Could you not add "Play" to the currently focused item, or allow a switch in the options to turn the "OK/Select" button into the play button rather than move forward to the info screen.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
JVL looking good. It is funny how active we both are right now and how different are apps are I love the options in yours but mine will never have all of that customization as it is allot of keep up with coding

Question for you what kind of speed are you getting scrolling through eight on the bottom? Is there animations or not when changing?

Just curious what kind of performance you were getting. Mine was really bad until I got the new scaling/caching of fanart down.
I have my own caching routine for the reflections that I wrote in version 1 of iMovies. That helps with the cover art alot. It seems to me most of the load time is coming from the backgrounds now, and not the cover art. I would say scrolling is bearable, but on the slow side. I do not know how much I can help it now, since caching the backgrounds could cause some serious memory issues.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
I have my own caching routine for the reflections that I wrote in version 1 of iMovies. That helps with the cover art alot. It seems to me most of the load time is coming from the backgrounds now, and not the cover art. I would say scrolling is bearable, but on the slow side. I do not know how much I can help it now, since caching the backgrounds could cause some serious memory issues.
Use the phoenix ap to cache them and scale them to the ui size. It will be slow the first load but once they are all cached it is great my is instant now.

did you get my pm the other day?

here is a recent of mine

DrillDown
Old 05-01-2009, 04:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post

Could you not add "Play" to the currently focused item, or allow a switch in the options to turn the "OK/Select" button into the play button rather than move forward to the info screen.
Yeah the option is the route I went. I love AMIS but wife hates another screen so...
Old 05-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:

Good ideas jaminben, I already have play mapped, I will think about adding an option to not call detailed screen if OK/SELECT is pressed.

I am in no ways trying to compete with AMIS. And honestly if it was not for your work I would not have had all of these awesome ideas to incorporate into iMovies!!! I love the user ratings and the media icons!
Old 05-01-2009, 04:05 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
No... I have been using Jaminbens AMIS. iMovies uses what ever screen is defined in the SageMC properties. I have been focusing only on movie listing, and not the detailed screen.

What about hitting info and the detailed movie info pops up on the screen? Similar to how ben does it on the right side with AMIS or how it pops up from the Title, similar to how ben does it in TVIS. That way, it is one less screen to navigate to.

I love the AMIS but I think it is an extra screen that we shouldn't have to navigate to. To me, it's scroll through the movies, hit enter to go into AMIS to view the details and then hit back and scroll to another movie, repeat, etc.

If we could pull everything up from one screen, it would be a lot nicer and easier to navigate around.

I believe I remember Jaminben saying something along the same lines and slowing dev for those two plugins for this reason.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
What about hitting info and the detailed movie info pops up on the screen? Similar to how ben does it on the right side with AMIS or how it pops up from the Title, similar to how ben does it in TVIS. That way, it is one less screen to navigate to.

I love the AMIS but I think it is an extra screen that we shouldn't have to navigate to. To me, it's scroll through the movies, hit enter to go into AMIS to view the details and then hit back and scroll to another movie, repeat, etc.

If we could pull everything up from one screen, it would be a lot nicer and easier to navigate around.

I believe I remember Jaminben saying something along the same lines and slowing dev for those two plugins for this reason.
That is what my screen shot there does infor brings up the description and what not.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
All of these things are 100% customizable, and I would love to see users post their own layouts.
Wow! I figured they couldn't be placed on top of each other without concealing one of them. You guys are unreal!
Old 05-01-2009, 04:10 PM
SageTVaholic

meant to post a cap

drill info pressed

I will add more detail this weekend now that the app is working like I want
Old 05-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Use the phoenix ap to cache them and scale them to the ui size. It will be slow the first load but once they are all cached it is great my is instant now.

did you get my pm the other day?

here is a recent of mine

DrillDown
I will look into that. I was also thinking of loading it in the background, so that the scrolling can happen independent of the background load, and when the fanart finishes loading it finishes loading then it displays...

Lookin Good PLUCKY.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
meant to post a cap

drill info pressed

I will add more detail this weekend now that the app is working like I want
A suggestion, what about shading or adding transparency to the fanart when the info button is pressed?

The "info" for the movie kind of gets lost with the background. I could see this being an issue with a really busy background.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I will look into that. I was also thinking of loading it in the background, so that the scrolling can happen independent of the background load, and when the fanart finishes loading it finishes loading then it displays...

Lookin Good PLUCKY.
Thanks,

Yeah that would work as long as you make it interuptable so one doesn't have to wait for it to load. Try the caching it is a easy call and works great.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
A suggestion, what about shading or adding transparency to the fanart when the info button is pressed?

The "info" for the movie kind of gets lost with the background. I could see this being an issue with a really busy background.
Nice suggestion I am just not a big shading to the fanart background fan takes away from the pop but I might check it out.

There is shading behind the text and title which keeps it visible pretty much on any background I have tried and is just subtle enough to not be there.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I am in no ways trying to compete with AMIS. And honestly if it was not for your work I would not have had all of these awesome ideas to incorporate into iMovies!!!
Yeah, I know your not I did the same thing with GRS and removed the link to the info screen so it just plays.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Sage Icon

I've been busy beavering away on my new screens and thought I'd share a few images of some of the screens that I'm working on. The collection of imports/screens is going to be called Ortus and will contain new screens for Music, Movies, Photo's and TV. Each screen will have a list, cover flow and movie wall type view and a standard menu system between all screens. Hopefully I'm not being to ambitious and it will all turn out ok

If anyone with photoshop or programming skills would like to help in this project then please PM me. I'm desperate for some graphics to be made for the menu and on-screen items.

All suggestions and comments are always welcomed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ortus Sample One.jpg (118.1 KB, 518 views)
File Type: jpg Ortus Sample Two.jpg (155.9 KB, 474 views)
File Type: jpg Ortus Sample Three.jpg (114.7 KB, 452 views)
Old 05-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Sage Expert

Ortus looks amazing! Finally an interface that is getting closer to the beauty and usability of XBMC. Keep up the great work!!
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 05-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Nice

Looks good to me. I really like where you guys are taking these things.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I've been busy beavering away on my new screens and thought I'd share a few images of some of the screens that I'm working on. The collection of imports/screens is going to be called Ortus and will contain new screens for Music, Movies, Photo's and TV. Each screen will have a list, cover flow and movie wall type view and a standard menu system between all screens. Hopefully I'm not being to ambitious and it will all turn out ok

If anyone with photoshop or programming skills would like to help in this project then please PM me. I'm desperate for some graphics to be made for the menu and on-screen items.

All suggestions and comments are always welcomed
Looks good. Wish I knew you were going this direction I would have saved myself allot of time.

Now my question is do people still want me to work on my audio and movie wall?
Old 05-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Open source?

is there a way to open source these sorts of things so that we could have multiple people working on the screens? I can see that we have some really talented individuals works on some imports but it sucks if they all duplicate their efforts.

I've been considering looking into some studio work myself and I think that if I had a "project" to contribute to it would go better for me.