SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 12-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
HD Extender and H.264 capabilities?

I think snippets of this problem is in multiple threads, so I thought I'd ask the question point blank.

Has anyone discovered certain encoding parameters with H.264 codecs (specifically x264) that cause the HD Extender to throw up? There are discussions on this forum and others about HD acceleration on ATI/NVidia cards and DXVA. One such discussion is here.

Since I am awaiting the HD Extenders to come back into stock, I can't test this for myself, but I can prepare my encodes properly for that glorious moment.

Robert