SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 12-27-2007, 04:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Twin Peaks, Regions, Remotes and Codes

Hi there,
I was lucky enough to receive a copy of the Twin Peaks region 1 Gold DVD box set from Santa this year and I'm now looking forward to spending a few days in a world full of red drapes, ladies with logs and cherry pie!

The only problem I have is I’m based in the UK (DVD region 2) so I will need to re-programme my DVD player to play multi region DVD's. This is can be done by sending a series of infrared remote codes to my DVD player, in particular the code: IR command RC6, code set 4, key 235 (decimal).

I have for a while been thinking of investing in a "universal" remote control and it seems the Harmony remotes are very popular with the SageTV forum users.

So knowing very little about remotes and remote codes:

1) Are the harmony remotes capable of sending this kind of specific code? (The harmony 550 is a likely purchase)

2) Is there a piece of software out there that will allow me to see what codes my current collection of remote controls are sending out?

Many thanks in advance,
Mat.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Take a look at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/ for your other equipment. The files available will allow you to determine your code types. In order to get a specific code like that on a Harmony, it will likely take a call to their support. My advice is to look for a remote which would allow you to program it for specific codes.

The least expensive remote capable of that is the 6131N from oneforall. I ordered 5 of them, called them up to have a code upgrade done. I sent the remotes in and within a week or so, they sent them back with JP1 headers on them. Using a JP1 cable, I was able to easily program them for all sorts of different equipment.

B