SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 01-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Can't program MCE remote to HD extender

Hey guys,

I can't program the extender to recognize the MCE remote. The MCE remote seems to pass more codes than the extender can recognize and the extender ends up going crazy because it does not know which one to lock on to and it ends up behaving erratically. Anyone know if this can be fixed? I would really like to continue to use my MCE remote with the HD extender because I have it set up as the only remote I need in my bedroom.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

Nobody has tried to program the MCE remote into the extender? Or am I the only one with problems? The remote seems to pass 5 or so codes in quick order and the HD extender can't lock onto any of them so it performs erratically. I might just need to get a standard universal remote. I need it to turn on and off the TV, control the TV volume, and then control the HD extender. That is all. A $15 universal remote should be able to handle that.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Try one of these: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29124

B
Old 01-09-2008, 09:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoboy View Post
Nobody has tried to program the MCE remote into the extender? Or am I the only one with problems? The remote seems to pass 5 or so codes in quick order and the HD extender can't lock onto any of them so it performs erratically.
As you've seen, the HD100 cannot yet recognize the IR codes used by the MCE remote. It might in the future, but there are no guarantees on that.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks for the update. I thhought the MCE remote might be programable with a little tweeking, but I'll get one of those One for all remotes. Funny, that is the same remote I saw while running though longs drugs that gave me the idea that I could replace my MCE remote with another. I'll run in and pick it up now.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:01 PM
SageTVaholic

When you call UEI for the codes, make sure you ask them to add the codes for the STX-HD100. I think I read that Opus4 had submitted them already.

B
Old 01-09-2008, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
When you call UEI for the codes, make sure you ask them to add the codes for the STX-HD100. I think I read that Opus4 had submitted them already.
I contacted Universal Remote Control.

The One For All remotes are from a different company, as far as I know.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

So there is no way to link ir codes?

I tried to link codes but it appears the link commands beleive they are all duplicate commands.. too bad. I was hoping to use my mce remote with the hd100.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yep, doesn't look like it will work yet. There is always hope. For now, I am using my harmony even though it responds so slowly it is kinda painful. Oh well...
Old 06-26-2008, 05:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Has there been an update on getting the MCE remote working on the STX-HD100? I have one on order and am trying to ease my wife into it with as little changes from our current setup as possible.