SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-07-2008, 11:56 AM
Sage User

Scrolling through video directory to slow

When I scroll down in my imported video directory it starts off fast then slows down. It seems that it has to load the thumbnails one at time. I have my whole DVD collection ripped (about 300 movies) with thumnails for each DVD. The thunbnails all appear as they should it just seemes to go really slow. Now I have a MVP and when I scroll down the same directory it does not slow and wait for the thumbnails to load.It is only slow on the server?

Thanks
Old 01-07-2008, 12:03 PM
Administrator

What version of SageTV are you using? And, are your thumbs very large? (Large thumbs take longer to load.)

If you have 3D Acceleration enabled on your server, see what happens when you disable it.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Sage User

Quote:
If you have 3D Acceleration enabled on your server, see what happens when you disable it.
Thanks, that fixed it, is there a down side to disabling 3D Acceleration?

Thanks,
Phil
Old 01-07-2008, 01:09 PM
Administrator

Turing off 3D Acceleration disabled using VMR9, for example.

You didn't say what version of SageTV you are using. There is (or was? not sure if it has been or can be changed) an issue where thumbs had to get loaded when 3D was enabled, but this is only for the first time through -- scrolling should go faster subsequent times because the initial load was done.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:51 PM
Sage User

If I see this behavior on the HD Extender, do you think it would be more thumbnail size related? The setting you reference doesn't affect the extender, correct?
Old 01-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Sage User

Quote:
You didn't say what version of SageTV you are using. There is (or was? not sure if it has been or can be changed) an issue where thumbs had to get loaded when 3D was enabled, but this is only for the first time through -- scrolling should go faster subsequent times because the initial load was done.
I am running 6.2.6.148 and SageMC STV 6.3.2.

After I disabled 3D acceleration I noticed the Weather Maps started working .

I am currently not using VMR9 and don't think I need to. I receive some OTA digital channels but only displaying them on my SD tv will I need to use VMR9 when I upgrade to a HD set?

Thanks
Old 01-07-2008, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasongrimme View Post
If I see this behavior on the HD Extender, do you think it would be more thumbnail size related? The setting you reference doesn't affect the extender, correct?
Yes, it is probably related to loading large thumbs. You can try this property for the extender:

ui/enable_hardware_scaling_cache=true

Quote:
Originally Posted by splicer View Post
I am running 6.2.6.148 and SageMC STV 6.3.2.
You should try v6.3.

And, since you are using a custom STV, you should ask about it in the customizations forum. The default STV is set up to delay thumb loads on several menus until after user inputs stops for a short time, but I have no idea how any other STV loads and displays thumbnails.

- Andy