SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Lumanate Angel II Dual Tuner

Anyone have any experience with getting this card to work with Sage?

http://www.lumanate.com/aspx/sptangelpci.aspx

http://www.lumanate.com/Downloads/Do...iProdBrief.pdf
Old 01-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Sage Icon

They cost more then a PVR500 so I don't see the point.

Of course if you already have a Dell media center then you can just give it a try. I would assume it to work.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

I've got one collecting dust at my parents place.....wondering if it's worth it to dig out and try.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

*sigh* Sage sees the dual tuners, but when I try to setup a source, it gets stuck on "Please wait for the video preview to load" and that's it.

Suggestions anyone?

Edit: Found out a little more. If I run SageTV in Service mode, neither Tuner 1 or 2 gives me any kind of result other than seeing the circle go around and around until I exit out of Sage. If I run Sage in non-service mode, Tuner 2 will succeed in giving me a preview window, but no actual tv signal with be displayed. Tuner 1 however, will give me the following error: "There was a Playback Error in playback. Details: sage.PlaybackException: ERROR (-4,0x80040217): There was a problem rendering the video portion of the content for playback."

Last edited by Khristopher; 01-08-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:13 AM

Thoses card where only designed for use under a few software package which dosen't have a DirectShow support
Old 01-09-2008, 07:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

And in English that means there's no way I'm going to get it working with Sage?
Old 01-09-2008, 07:53 AM

You got it
Old 01-09-2008, 10:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

Nothing like locking the customer into using hardware with only one piece of software. Thanks Dell! grrrrr
Old 01-09-2008, 11:34 AM
Sage Fanatic

This sounds just like Microsoft, MCE, and Cablecard (and soon to be DirectTV USB tuner).

-PGPfan
Sage Server: Gigabyte 690AMD m-ATX, Athlon II X4 620 Propus, 3.0 GB ram, (1) VistaView dual analog PCI-e tuner, (2) Avermedia Purity 3D MCE 250's, (1) HD-Homerun, 1.5 TB of hard drives in a Windows Home Server drive pool, Western Digital 300GB 'scratch' disk outside the pool, Gigabit LAN
Sage Clients: MSI DIVA m-ATX, 5.1 channel 100w/channel amplifier card, 2 GB ram, , (1) Hauppauge MVP, (1) SageTV HD-100 Media Storage: unRAID 3.6TB server
Old 01-09-2008, 05:46 PM

PGPfan has nothing to do with that the card base round LEGACY hard code just like Emuzed Maui 1, 2 and 3 which min like HP and other used but later dump in fav of the WinTV PVR and HVR, so those which all base on the C-Cube Microsystems chip set which was own by FutureTel but LSI has it now it know as DVxplore and recall WinTV PVR PCI the very frist one it has the same problem base round LEGACY hard code.

Last edited by SHS; 01-09-2008 at 07:27 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
PGPfan has nothing to do with that the card base round LEGACY hard code just like Emuzed Maui 1, 2 and 3 which min like HP and used but later dump in fav of the WinTV PVR and HVR, so those which all base on the C-Cube Microsystems chip set which was own by FutureTel but LSI has it now it know as DVxplore and recall WinTV PVR PCI the very frist one it has the same problem base round LEGACY hard code.
Periods are your friend.

(Sorry.....I didn't understand anything in that sentence.)
Old 07-22-2008, 11:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
PGPfan has nothing to do with that the card base round LEGACY hard code just like Emuzed Maui 1, 2 and 3 which min like HP and other used but later dump in fav of the WinTV PVR and HVR, so those which all base on the C-Cube Microsystems chip set which was own by FutureTel but LSI has it now it know as DVxplore and recall WinTV PVR PCI the very frist one it has the same problem base round LEGACY hard code.
Did anyone ever get around to actually trying one of these boards under Sage? Looking at the Lumanate Angel driver page (http://www.lumanate.com/aspx/sptangelpci.aspx) it looks like these boards can be used successfully with MediaPortal and GB-PVR, so it seems like they must be exposing some kind of D-Show interface? Or are the other apps specifically coding support for this board?