SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
I believe he was saying the device would be supported by all the third party software from launch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickp View Post
I took that as a rhetorical question to which the answer is "f#@$ing marvellous" etc.

Mick.
Correct. What I said in my blog post (which was the original post I believe) was this
Quote:
The Hauppauge HD-PVR device which was originally to be available by March 31st and then "April or May" and now Hauppauge sales is saying the device "should hit the market toward the end of May, early June." Another tidbit I've picked up is that the HD-PVR will not initially be compatible with Microsoft Media Center, but Hauppauge is working on Media Center support and hopes to have MC support sometime summer 2008. I'm expecting to see support for this device in both SageTV and BeyondTV since representatives from both of those companies have mentioned the device and seem to understand the extra capability it would bring to their software programs.
Brad Linder was the one who turned it into a rhetorical question - and yes he meant for it to mean that it was obvious that SageTV and BeyondTV would have support for the device

Some of my posts are picked up by ZatzNotFunny (I have an agreement with DaveZatz for that) and then as in this case it is occasionally picked up by others like TVSquad and EngadgetHD for instance.

Last edited by Brent; 03-30-2008 at 10:15 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexhold View Post
Hauppauge HD-PVR delayed

Posted Mar 30th 2008 4:27PM by Brad Linder
Filed under: HDTV, PVR Wire, Hardware
Hauppauge If you've been waiting to get your hands on the new HD-PVR from Hauppauge, you might have to wait a little bit longer. Brent Evans reports that the device, which had been targeted for a late March launch has been pushed back and is now scheduled for a May or June release.

The HD-PVR will be able to capture HD video from any component video output and compress it in real time to H.264. In other words, you can using your existing cable or satellite box to flip channels, and record HDTV without getting a CableCard tuner for your PC.

Evans has also learned that Windows Media Center will not support the new device at launch, but that you should be able to use the HD-PVR with a Windows Media Center machine by this summer. But we'd be surprised if the device isn't supported by third party media center software like SageTV, BeyondTV, and MythTV.
Where's the news here? As far as I know Hauppauge never gave a release date other than some unofficial comments, and the unofficial comments have been saying May for a while now.

Quote:
Not supported by SageTV?
It says "we'd be surprised if the device isn't supported by... SageTV". Given that Sage hasn't officially announced support that's about all anyone knows.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
Where's the news here? As far as I know Hauppauge never gave a release date other than some unofficial comments, and the unofficial comments have been saying May for a while now.
I was kind of surprised it was picked up by so many other blogs - but you know how the echo chamber can be
The only news from the story was:
  • End of May - or even June is the latest expected date - per phone call to Hauppauge Sales
  • Microsoft VMC is expected to be supported, but not until later in the year once Vista Native support for h.264 has been added to VMC
I do know that Rakesh at Snapstream plans to have BTV support for the device and SageTV would be off their rocker if they didn't either, but that wasn't really the point of the article - it was really just an update on the release date and VMC support which was unknown before as far as I know.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I was kind of surprised it was picked up by so many other blogs - but you know how the echo chamber can be
The only news from the story was:
  • End of May - or even June is the latest expected date - per phone call to Hauppauge Sales
  • Microsoft VMC is expected to be supported, but not until later in the year once Vista Native support for h.264 has been added to VMC
I guess perhaps it was the first blog to post it, guess I look at it as we on the forums (here and AVS) knew it wasn't going to be out till may (per posted email correspondence) and nobody expected VMC support for a while (if ever). I guess I was kind of surprised to see the posts on the forums that this was new.

Quote:
I do know that Rakesh at Snapstream plans to have BTV support for the device and SageTV would be off their rocker if they didn't either, but that wasn't really the point of the article - it was really just an update on the release date and VMC support which was unknown before as far as I know.
Well given Jeff started a thread about a name for such a device, I think it's safe to guess SageTV has plans for it, or something like it.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm just reiterating the same information but thought I'd share what I received from Hauppauge regarding a recent RMA request I had. I asked the question to when availability might happen and the response was:

Quote:
Our HD capture card is due to be released in May or June, its delay had been caused by incompatible hardware with certain systems.
Nothing new but a little explanation.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Has anybody heard anything lately about the DirecTV box that was shown? If I remember right, it was basically like putting 2 HD tuners in 1 box, with files kicked out via USB. This is even more appealing to me (as a DirecTV customer) than the Hauppague "open" version (2 less STBs in my closet)... anybody heard any dates/pricing lately?
Old 04-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Sage Icon

I'd be amazed if the DirecTV box worked with anything but VMC "Fiji".

P