SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:57 AM
Sage Expert

Client-Serve Schedule Problem

Having a weird client-server problem with version 6.36, however I'm not sure if it's related to the beta or not. I recently upgraded my setup from a single computer to a server and a client (bought a shiny fast computer to play HD better). The client is running vista and the server is running XP sp2. I have an hdhr, a pvr 250 and a pvr 150 in the server.

When I select a show from the schedule to watch, it plays fine. However, if I stop the show (press stop), then select the same show to play again, the show starts playing the previously recorded portion of the show then either hangs or pauses for a while once it hits the newly recorded portion. If I wait even longer between stopping the show and selecting it again from the schedule, I get an error saying the show has already occurred and it wasn't recorded, despite the fact that the show is currently airing.

The schedule appears to be accurate and both client and server clocks are accurate. Enabling or disabling the sync time with server does not help either. It's almost like the client loses its place and forgets the current time. If I restart the client, all is well and I can select a show from the schedule again.

Anyone have any experience about this?