SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-14-2008, 01:18 PM
Sage User

Problem with SageTV changing HD channel using OTA antenna & FusionHDTV

I have a FusionHDTV capture card with a WinGuard SS-3000 over-the-air HD antenna (this seems to be the best one that I've tried). When viewing the HD stations from the Fusion software installed, the channels switch just fine and I'm getting 90-100% signal on all channels. I've completed the source setup in SageTV and enabled only the channels I want (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX) When I tune into the first channel it works just fine, but when attempting to switch from, lets say, NBC to ABC, it seems the tuner doesn't change the channel and just stays on the NBC feed even though SageTV's on-screen display shows that I've tuned to the ABC channel. I am using the latest and greatest SageTV software (6.3). Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-21-2008, 08:56 PM
Sage User

Just wanted to update this thread. I ended up just removing the video source, adding it back and doing a new scan for channels. I enabled the locals that I wanted and everything seems to be working now. I did however receive a response from SageTV support with a couple of suggestions. Hope this may help someone that may come across the same issue as I did. thanks!

SageTV support wrote:
Try this. Close SageTV and the service if running. Open up your
Sage.properties file in the SageTV folder and look for this line:

seeker/fast_mux_switch=

And set it to false and see if that helps.

If not then try this property setting:

videoframe/safe_fast_file_switching=

Try changing it to false.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Sage User

I am experiencing this same problem. Just out of the blue my Aver180 has stopped tuning certain channels (Fox usually). It has worked fine for almost a year now all of a sudden it stopped working. I have removed the hardware and reinstalled it, and it worked for a week, then stopped again. I will try these settings and see if this makes a difference.

Thanks
Mike