SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-13-2008, 09:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Well, I submitted my log last night and got a nearly immediate response for me to upload the file in question. Hopefully they can figure out what's happening.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:49 PM
Sage Icon

I uploaded one of the videos in question and they could not reproduce the problem.

With such a large library of imported videos and the main reason for Sage in my house... it is very fustrating.

I tried the renaming tip on quite a few videos and it didn't work for any of them.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Sage Icon

This is really starting to annoy me and is happening more often.
I have tried renaming the videos with no success.
Anybody have any other ideas?
Old 02-26-2008, 04:05 PM
SageTVaholic

I haven't actually had any problems since my last email from support. Of course, I've scaled my re-encoding efforts back quite a bit since the disk space on that drive is getting notably lower. I think I have 150GB free on a 500GB drive. It would be sweet to get a Drobo or something like that to store all my media on.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:53 AM
Sage Icon

The more I try to fix this problem, the more I am getting fed up...
I demuxed/remuxed some of the videos into mkv files. They do show up fine and play perfectly on Sage server and clients. BUT...there is no audio when playing on the HD-extender.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

I share your frustration.
I had to transcode a lot of old mpg1/2 files into avi to get them to
play on sage. That took a lot of time and of course the more you
transcode files the worse the quality gets.
The worst part is ALL of these files played fine on FREE software, ie.
windows media player, winamp, mediaportal, etc. but failed on software
I PAID for !
sounds a little bass ackwards to me.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:10 PM
Sage Icon

Considering that most of the video files in question are compressed down to about 80MB per 45 minutes. I don't really feel like a reencode is the way to go. I would just rather have Sage fix the problem. Since we did pay for it... I am waiting for a reply from them now.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:04 PM
Sage User

same problem here, i have +- 1500 muzicvideo's stored on my whs, mostly 80's and 90's, and a big part of them won't play with sage tv..not with a client and not with placeshifter. I tried everything i have find on the forum but of no avail..some play and some don't. I have no intention to transcode them cause some of them are really old recordings. I don't want to loose even more quality.
Like perry59 said..they play perfect with all my other soft except sagetv.

Mostly i just can't believe it...the hard part of sagetv is getting the tv portion to work and it works perfect and the easy part for the programmers is the media part and that is far from perfect.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasperke View Post
I have +- 1500 muzicvideo's stored on my whs, mostly 80's and 90's, and a big part of them won't play with sage tv.
Thats what most of my vids are, music videos, from the Beatles to Zappa...
Old 02-27-2008, 04:37 PM
Sage Icon

@ kasperke

Depending on what format they are currently in now, you might be able to mux them into a new container so at least Sage server & client might be able to play them.

I have had at least that much success muxing H.264/AAC .mp4's into mkv's
Old 02-28-2008, 04:51 PM
Sage Icon

I just received a reply from support saying that they think the problem is resolved and that it will be included in the next release 6.3.10 sometime next week
Old 02-28-2008, 08:57 PM
Sage Icon

Wow, that was quick. They said it wouldn't be out for about a week...
Installed the 6.3.10 release, deleted Import directories, reimported them and now all is beautiful again.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Ok, in my previous dealings with support on this issue they had me add this to my properties:

debug_ffmpeg_format_info=TRUE

It finally happened to me again this morning after about a month and I got a reply back saying that they now understand what's happening and that it will be fixed for 6.4.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have this issue now as well, but my files are all on a network drive. Only new files I put in there this morning aren't showing up, however, older files from that same directory are showing up without any issues. I tried rescanning, restarting, no luck.

Eventually, I removed the directory from SageTV, and tried readding it, but now it won't let me add it at all, thinking it doesn't exist. However, I can get to the files just fine through Windows Explorer (it's a mapped drive), and can play them back just fine with Windows Media Player. I have no idea what is causing this, but it's definitely frustrating.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by electron View Post
I have this issue now as well, but my files are all on a network drive. Only new files I put in there this morning aren't showing up, however, older files from that same directory are showing up without any issues. I tried rescanning, restarting, no luck.

Eventually, I removed the directory from SageTV, and tried readding it, but now it won't let me add it at all, thinking it doesn't exist. However, I can get to the files just fine through Windows Explorer (it's a mapped drive), and can play them back just fine with Windows Media Player. I have no idea what is causing this, but it's definitely frustrating.
If you changed to service mode after setting things up & importing the files originally, then the service can no longer see the paths because they are mapped drive letters. So, if this is the case, switch back to non-service mode for now, change over to UNC paths, then you can use service mode as long as you configure the service to log in as a user w/a password who has permission to access the paths.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have been using service mode since day 1, nothing has changed really. I stopped the service, added the mapped drive by editing the properties file, and now it's back up and running.