SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 01-22-2008, 10:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

HD100 - will it ever be available? And other questions about SageTV.

Maybe I am missing something (but can't find it) but every time I check to see if I can buy the HD media extender, it shows that it is out of stock.

Will it ever be in stock?
Old 01-22-2008, 11:16 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphjb View Post
Maybe I am missing something (but can't find it) but every time I check to see if I can buy the HD media extender, it shows that it is out of stock.

Will it ever be in stock?
Probably not until they fix it.. uh.. I mean, until they receive the shipment.. Sometime in February they are 'hoping' I was told... we'll see!
Old 01-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Been posted multiple times in these forums that February is the hopeful re-stocking date.
Media Server / NAS:
Case: Thermaltake Armor CPU: AMD Opteron 1218 (2.6GHz Dual Core) Motherboard: ASUS MN2-LR Memory: 2GB Gfx Card: Headless Tuner: Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge PVR-350 (not in use) O/S: Windows 7 Sage: Latest RAID: On-Board Drives: 6 x 1.5TB SATA RAID-5, 2 x 80GB IDE RAID-1 (O/S) Storage: 7.5TB Total
Old 01-23-2008, 04:37 PM
Sage User

Let's hope it's early February at least. In the mean time are there any other HD media extenders that work as well?
Old 01-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupp View Post
In the mean time are there any other HD media extenders that work as well?
There are no other HD extenders that will natively work in Sage, that is, actually run the Sage UI on the extender. You could get another extender and point to the recordings folder and just play the shows you recorded in SAge. But you wouldn't be able to have the extender control Sage.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

any word on next availability of the HD extender?

I have been patiently waiting for the HD extender to be available again to start my SageTV experience.

Has anybody heard when the next round will be available? Sage?

Ok, I guess I am just getting impatient. Maybe it will be soon since the IR problem was supposed to have a solution around the end of jan.

Greg

* merged *
Old 02-01-2008, 07:48 AM
Sage Expert

It's February now and still they are out of stock. February is a long month... any idea when exactly in February they plan to get more in stock? Guidance of early Feb, mid Feb, or late Feb would be helpful!
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 02-01-2008, 08:37 AM
Sage Icon

Around or about the first quarter of 2008.

Yeah, I'm being a d!ck
Old 02-01-2008, 09:10 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
I was ready to buy one when my HTPC broke down. Now that I've sold my Hauppauge MVP on eBay, I'm ready to buy two.

I've got movies in the waiting to watch! And with the writer's strike, the extenders can't come out fast enough.

-Robert
Old 02-01-2008, 09:18 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by valnar View Post
I was ready to buy one when my HTPC broke down. Now that I've sold my Hauppauge MVP on eBay, I'm ready to buy two.

I've got movies in the waiting to watch! And with the writer's strike, the extenders can't come out fast enough.

-Robert
I feel your pain.. I too sold all 3 of my MVP units, bought new TV's.. but only bought the one HD Extender.. I figured that once I got it up and running and recovered from Christmas I'd buy the other two.. WRONG! Now I have 2 TV's that have nothing connected to them and are sitting there nice and pretty while we all fight over what to watch on the one TV we have an extender for.
My guess would be, and this makes sense, that they are making sure they have everything fixed and/or worked out before they send out another shipment. Wouldn't make much sense for them to send out another batch and then face a large RMA issue due to any failings they might have overlooked in their rush to ship.
I just wish Sage would let us know where they stand rather than making us sit and get upset. I'm not sure why giving out information is such a risk. Oh well, it will eventually be solved.. so we wait..
Old 02-01-2008, 10:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

LOL - it's a risk for the very reason people are posting here... Sage said early February - here it is February 1st and people are asking "where is it"

I want 2 more myself... but I didn't get rid of my MVPs yet - I always keep a backup until I'm 100% sure I'm happy
Old 02-01-2008, 11:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Feb. 1 is already half over and still no HD extenders? What kind of crap is that?

Oh, and what are the chances that when they are available, there will not be enough to fill the growing demand. The line is getting longer...
Old 02-01-2008, 01:15 PM
SageTVaholic

It's early Feb until the 15th. Also remember that they were originally due in mid November and it ended up being Dec 10th. I would consider March 15th the target date with anything earlier a bonus.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFisher View Post
LOL - it's a risk for the very reason people are posting here... Sage said early February - here it is February 1st and people are asking "where is it"

So true. That will teach them to give us a tentative release date
Old 02-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Sage Expert

I hope when the shipment does come in it is several times as large as the first one. Seems like there are many people who ordered one the first time and now are ready to order 2 or 3 more (like me )
Old 02-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffdaddy View Post
That will teach them to give us a tentative release date
I don't think people are so upset about the date rather it is more that there is no update as to why that date has arrived (or soon will) and there is not yet any word as to the status of the repairs and/or shipments. I think most of us would be fine with a "We are having difficulty with.. but expect that this will be resolved soon. We will update you on the status of this again in March, if not sooner".. We'd be disappointed, but not knowing when or if or for how long is tough..
Old 02-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Sage Expert

I aree with Stuntman. I'd much rather get a revised estimate when an estimated date passes rather than the silence we usually get.

However, since they said early February, they have a couple more weeks before the date passes.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:09 PM
Sage User

Boy think of the money they are not making with the short stock oversite...
Old 02-01-2008, 05:08 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupp View Post
Boy think of the money they are not making with the short stock oversite...
They must be even more anxious to get more stock than we are.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
It's early Feb until the 15th. Also remember that they were originally due in mid November and it ended up being Dec 10th. I would consider March 15th the target date with anything earlier a bonus.
beware the ides of march!