SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 05-21-2008, 08:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
How does it look different? Can you post a pic?
I can post a picture when I get home tonight if someone does not post one first.

There are only small differences from what I noticed last night. The front face looks a little different (if I remember correctly). The thing I noticed was the bottons are different. The standby botton is square and the other bottons are all slanted.

Flash
Old 05-21-2008, 04:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Still not got a tracking number for mine
Ordered it on the 16th
Has anyone who has ordered for international shipping got a tracking number?
T
Old 05-21-2008, 05:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

This picture is bad but you get the idea...

http://www.getpluggedin.net/flash/pi.../img_3049a.jpg

Flash
Old 05-21-2008, 06:02 PM
Sage Expert

Yup, it looks definitely different than the one from the first batch. I wonder if anything has changed inside. WHo will be the brave one to open their new extender and take pics so we can compare them with the first published photos :-)?
Old 05-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Flash. Yep, it's different from the one I have from the first batch ... I was getting ready to purchase one or two others.

I would be really, really curious to see what's different about these. I wonder if they do better with 1080p (the green speckle problem I am having) ?
Old 05-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berg View Post
Thanks Flash. Yep, it's different from the one I have from the first batch ... I was getting ready to purchase one or two others.

I would be really, really curious to see what's different about these.
The case changed. As far as I know, the insides are the same.

Quote:
I wonder if they do better with 1080p (the green speckle problem I am having) ?
You should contact SageTV tech support if you are having that problem.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

That's too bad about the buttons. Definitely a step backwards in terms of usability. But who uses the front buttons anyway.

I guess they wanted to get rid of the bulge.

Last edited by gveres; 05-21-2008 at 11:17 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:17 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylormadearmy View Post
Still not got a tracking number for mine
Ordered it on the 16th
Has anyone who has ordered for international shipping got a tracking number?
T
I ordered mine (6) on the 15th and only received an email from USPS yesterday that included a tracking number. The email indicated they had a "click-n-ship" notification from sage, but that that didn't mean they had actually received the goods. I've signed up to receive notifications from USPS but nothing thus far. The shipping option they are using takes 3 days to Hong Kong, not sure about other destinations, but you can check on the USPS website (Priority Mail).
Old 05-22-2008, 04:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
You should contact SageTV tech support if you are having that problem.

- Andy
Appreciate it Andy. I have and obtained an RMA if needed but Sage feels it is the cable connection to the TV and not the extender.

I figured I could put up with it at 1080i until I have a chance to purchase a couple of other units.

Thanks for being here
Old 05-22-2008, 05:27 AM
Sage Expert

Today!

Well per UPS mine should be on the doorstep today

The downside was that the cables I ordered to hook it up got delayed and won't be here till tomorrow.

Guess I need to do some digging, I should have some old RCAs around here that will work till I get the real cables. The best part is I can finally move my Server out of the living room into it's closet and get rid of all the clutter in my entertainment center.
Laptop: HP dm3z, AMD (1.6 GHz) 4 GB RAM, 60 GB OCZ SSD, AMD HD3200 graphics, 13.3" widescreen LCD, Windows 7 x64/Sage placeshifter.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:31 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKme View Post
(Priority Mail).
Mines coming via Express Mail, I got my shipping number on Wednesday and it has now left the Long Beach depot. Don't know how many days it takes with express mail but I guess it wont arrive till next week sometime now.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:22 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Mines coming via Express Mail, I got my shipping number on Wednesday and it has now left the Long Beach depot. Don't know how many days it takes with express mail but I guess it wont arrive till next week sometime now.
Oops, I meant Express Mail too, sorry about that. You can check the number of days to your destination on the USPS website. Three days to Hong Kong, which is half way across the world so it can't take too much longer to get anywhere else. Post office work on Saturday here so hopefully there'll be six boxes arriving before the end of the week
Old 05-22-2008, 09:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I ordered mine (6) on the 15th and only received an email from USPS yesterday that included a tracking number. The email indicated they had a "click-n-ship" notification from sage, but that that didn't mean they had actually received the goods. I've signed up to receive notifications from USPS but nothing thus far. The shipping option they are using takes 3 days to Hong Kong, not sure about other destinations, but you can check on the USPS website (Priority Mail).
Be warned the USPS website is horride for updating their site. When I ordered my first one the last time. It stayed with the message of "it left LA" for almost two weeks. It changed the day after I picked up the unit from Canada post.

Greg
Old 05-22-2008, 10:33 PM
SageTVaholic

My two new HD100's were waiting for me when I got home tonight. Not bad for UPS Ground to Hawaii.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 05-22-2008, 10:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Not bad for UPS Ground to Hawaii.
Um... ground to Hawaii? Has the bridge been completed or did they take the afternoon ferry?

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Um... ground to Hawaii? Has the bridge been completed or did they take the afternoon ferry?

- Andy
Yeah, I've wondered about that too. But I got my HD100's, so I'm not asking any questions.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:49 PM
Administrator

I was actually trying to figure that one out... they must fly it, maybe on standby rather than first available space for something like overnight. UPS lists the same 5 day delivery time from NJ to HI as from NJ to parts of TX. It takes longer to go to a part of Idaho.

- Andy
Old 05-22-2008, 10:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Yeah, I've wondered about that too. But I got my HD100's, so I'm not asking any questions.
Quote:
I was actually trying to figure that one out... they must fly it, maybe on standby rather than first available space for something like overnight. UPS lists the same 5 day delivery time from NJ to HI as from NJ to parts of TX. It takes longer to go to a part of Idaho.
UPS has those super-fish-people who swim the boxes (wrapped in the duct-tape enclosures to protect from water damage) from the UPS truck in CA to the UPS truck in Hawaii. Those super-fish-people things are really fast...

Ok I obviously need some sleep... going to bed now.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:41 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gveres View Post
Be warned the USPS website is horride for updating their site. When I ordered my first one the last time. It stayed with the message of "it left LA" for almost two weeks. It changed the day after I picked up the unit from Canada post.

Greg
Agreed, it still says "left LA....." even though they arrived about an hour ago
Old 05-23-2008, 04:07 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Agreed, it still says "left LA....." even though they arrived about an hour ago
Thats good news, mine also says "Left LA" but it has not arrived yet. I'm still hopefull it'll get here today but the hours keep ticking by.
Its a public holiday here in the UK on Monday so I'll proberly end up getting it on Tuesday. Oh well its something to look forward to.