SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

I received an e-mail notification from a the forum. I thought it is is finally here!! But it was only a notice that a firmware update was available.

For a split second I thought I was going to get my other 4 extenders.

When oh when will this extenders be available?!?!?!?!?!

I am now checking the forum hourly. the wife hates it when the alarm clock is going off on the hour through out the night.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulink View Post
I received an e-mail notification from a the forum. I thought it is is finally here!!
Me too, but it was a false alarm. It wasn't a firmware update. It was one of our "newbies" (Rupp) who replied to that topic when they weren't supposed to
Source(1): DirecTV H21, HD-PVR (E1) driver 1.5.7
Source(2): HDHomeRun, Winegard GS-2200
Old 02-22-2008, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trini0 View Post
Me too, but it was a false alarm. It wasn't a firmware update. It was one of our "newbies" (Rupp) who replied to that topic when they weren't supposed to
... and after I specifically mentioned that subscribing does not mean posting, 3 posts after his last post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Note: subscribing to one of those notification threads does not mean posting a reply there. Please note the instructions for how to subscribe.
The notification threads are for the benefit of the forum members; please don't play with those topics.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:44 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I am now checking the forum hourly. the wife hates it when the alarm clock is going off on the hour through out the night.
I hope you are kidding.

You are kidding... right?
Old 02-22-2008, 11:53 AM
Sage User

Unhappy Don't Think I Can Wait It Out

Well goodness. I must have discovered the HD Extender existed on, like, THE day that they ran out, because I've been waiting for the next "batch" since way before Christmas and it appears that some folks bought theirs in December.

Unfortunately, I have to head overseas for a (too long) while soon (Navy) and want to get my family all set up before I leave.

I'll wait until the end of February because it sounds like the HD Extender will be awesome in conjuction with SageTV software, but I won't have time to wait any longer and will have to go with a inferior solution. The hardware device that I have in mind if I can't get the HD Extender is supposed to be fantastic, but the built in server software is rudimentary in comparison to SageTV, although (supposedly) very functional.

My kids are 12 & 13, so I know that they would enjoy SageTV's interface vastly more because it's much flashier and therefore cool, or rather "nice" in today's teenage parlance.

Thanks for listening... just wanted to whine a bit to others as I continue to feel sorry for myself! Misery loves company, right?!?!

Last edited by Joe Mac; 02-22-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:07 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
Well goodness. I must have discovered the HD Extender existed on, like, THE day that they ran out, because I've been waiting for the next "batch" since way before Christmas and it appears that some folks bought theirs in December.

Unfortunately, I have to head overseas for a (too long) while soon (Navy) and want to get my family all set up before I leave.

I'll wait until the end of February because it sounds like the HD Extender will be awesome in conjuction with SageTV software, but I won't have time to wait any longer and will have to go with a inferior solution. The hardware device that I have in mind if I can't get the HD Extender is supposed to be fantastic, but the built in server software is rudimentary in comparison to SageTV, although (supposedly) very functional.

My kids are 12 & 13, so I know that they would enjoy SageTV's interface vastly more because it's much flashier and therefore cool, or rather "nice" in today's teenage parlance.

Thanks for listening... just wanted to whine a bit to others as I continue to feel sorry for myself! Misery loves company, right?!?!

I have an HD Extender.. and think your wife could probably put it in herself, with little effort, if need be.. just hook up all the cables and have them sitting on the shelf where the extender will go.. all she will have to do is plug in the power, plug in the ethernet and whatever Audio/Video cables you have sitting there.. all nicely color coded..

I wouldn't go to an alternate 'inferior' solution.. it is a very easy install!
Old 02-22-2008, 12:19 PM
Sage Expert

Stuntman is right. It is really plug and play. The only other thing required is to enter the extender's license key on the Sage server machine.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:21 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
Quote:
I check constantly too. Lucky I have a job where I'm on the Internet all the time. While I hope this fear is misplaced, I believe some of us worry that the next batch may sell out in a day. Without any official word from Sage, we can only assume the worst and not take any chances.

It would be nice if there was a woot kind of counter where we could see how many are sold per hour, or how many are left.

Robert
Old 02-22-2008, 04:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Another Friday came and gone
Old 02-22-2008, 05:07 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Look on the bright side.. there is only 1 week left in February!!! If things go the way we have all been lead to believe they will.. orders will be flowing by the end of next week!!!!

Or....
Sage Expert

It came out on a Monday last time. So maybe only three more days.
SageTVaholic

change thread title for post "STX-HD100 Is Now for Sale!!!!"?

"STX-HD100 Is Now for Sale!!!!" is a little misleading in this sticky post: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...073#post251073

This is the one that's been listed on the main forums page for quite a while. Every time I see it, I do a double take. If there's anyone out there with the power to do so, it would be great to replace the content of that post and it's subject that is more accurate... we're all anxious, and that thread is taunting us!

Perhaps the subject: "Blowout sales of HD100 -- More Units Available [Soon]" (where "Soon" is whatever parts of speech and meanings might fit.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsbst View Post
"STX-HD100 Is Now for Sale!!!!" is a little misleading in this sticky post: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...073#post251073

This is the one that's been listed on the main forums page for quite a while.
I kept thinking that gave more info about the unit & was more of an announcement w/details, but I see it was just a post to the store item...

We've added a new announcement topic saying it should be available in about a week... it just depends on which day you start counting from.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:24 PM
Sage Icon

Do we know how many were sold in the first batch?
Old 02-22-2008, 06:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt91 View Post
Do we know how many were sold in the first batch?
I think it was pretty close to all of them, probably minus a few for internal use.

- Andy
Old 02-22-2008, 06:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
I hope you are kidding.

You are kidding... right?
I was just kidding. Gotta have a little fun when trying to wait patiently.

I feel like a 4 year old in the back of a car asking dad "Are we there yet?" very anxious to get several more of these units.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:57 AM

not to try and get picky but is there any intention for them to release the extender in silver? I would love it to match the rest of my stuff.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I think it was pretty close to all of them, probably minus a few for internal use.

- Andy
SMACK!!

Just an FYI in case anyone missed it in the announcements thread

Andy just posted this:

"We currently anticipate that the STX-HD100 should be back in the SageTV store in about a week -- we only have an estimated arrival time for now, not a specific date."
Old 02-23-2008, 12:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
We've added a new announcement topic saying it should be available in about a week
Thanks for the update
Old 02-23-2008, 05:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgwon View Post
not to try and get picky but is there any intention for them to release the extender in silver? I would love it to match the rest of my stuff.
Try my wife's solution: a can of silver spray paint and a very creative masking tape job.