SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Hi Drew,
Got a few questions and comments for you. I'm not very familiar with MythTV so many of these are just out of curiosity.
Bad recording detection:
MythTV's server somehow keeps track of the number of seconds in the mpeg2 stream while it is recording it. If I record a 1 hour show, and the timeline says the show is 59:58, then I can tell the recording is near perfect without having to watch it. If the show is glitchy, the timeline will say the show is far less than 60:00, say 58:30 long. This indicates lots of glitches, and I can delete it as a bad recording. It takes about 5 seconds to preview the show and decide. FWIW, I'm in an area where PBS is in the exact opposite direction from the networks. I gave PBS my weakest tuner/antenna pair because normally PBS will show the same program 4 or so times during the week, so on average, I tend to get at least one good recording. I guess I'll either have to try QAM or upgrade my PBS facing antenna.

Timestretch:
I think they skip audio frames to keep up with the video, or adjust the pitch or something. You'd expect everybody to sound like Alvin and the Chipmunks, but I've watched some things at 1.5x, and they still sound fine.

Thanks for the tip on how to move the scheduling further out. I assume it will auto-adjust if the broadcast schedule changes? Like a show is cancelled, or moved around?

I have to look into the font issue. I see things like ui/epg_font_size and ui/epg_num_rows. Is there some global "small" "medium" "large" control somewhere that scales everything at once, or should I just play around with editing the properties file?

Does the SageMC stuff work on the HD extender? That looks cool.

Thanks,

Drew

Last edited by drewg; 03-14-2008 at 10:38 AM.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for the info Drew.

Quote:
Thanks for the tip on how to move the scheduling further out. I assume it will auto-adjust if the broadcast schedule changes? Like a show is cancelled, or moved around?
Yes, it auto-adjusts as you say.

Quote:
Does the SageMC stuff work on the HD extender? That looks cool.
Yes, SageMC works great on the extenders (I'm using one that way). I'll check into the font stuff this weekend to be sure and post back.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewg View Post
I have to look into the font issue. I see things like ui/epg_font_size and ui/epg_num_rows. Is there some global "small" "medium" "large" control somewhere that scales everything at once, or should I just play around with editing the properties file?
The easiest thing to try would be to use the Options command on the Program Guide screen & change the font and/or the # column/rows settings.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
The easiest thing to try would be to use the Options command on the Program Guide screen & change the font and/or the # column/rows settings.

- Andy
Thanks. I didn't see a button on the screen, and I had been looking in the setup menus. Hitting "options" on the extender remote gets the screen. I was able to shrink the guide itself, and I can see much more info at once. But the show description at the top is still presented in a gigantic font, and nearly 1/2 the screen is wasted. Any way to shrink that?

Also, is there any way to shrink the font and present more information on the recordings screen? Options just seems to want to switch between a list/thumbnail view on that page.

Thanks,

Drew
Old 03-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Administrator

Not all screens have options to change the font size or number of items listed. There are some other font properties like what you posted above. Additional customization other than the options & properties is done using Studio.

I use the custom 2-pane malore menus for recordings & that allows setting the font used for the whole menu & changing the number of rows shown, adjusting the top & bottom to fit accordingly. See the hidden extras for more info on that.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
I use the custom 2-pane malore menus for recordings & that allows setting the font used for the whole menu & changing the number of rows shown, adjusting the top & bottom to fit accordingly. See the hidden extras for more info on that.
Awesome! The 2-pane view is similar to what MythTV had, and it is much more usable. Thanks!

Drew
Old 03-14-2008, 09:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

What does all this have to do with the availability of the HD Extender? I think this topic should either be closed or be brought back to the main topic.

When does Sage plan on having more HD Extenders available?
Old 03-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulink View Post
What does all this have to do with the availability of the HD Extender? I think this topic should either be closed or be brought back to the main topic.
Why? You don't think there's an answer that will be posted for this question, do you:

Quote:
When does Sage plan on having more HD Extenders available?
When they are in stock again. That's the best you'll get here, so why not help someone who asks something that actually can be answered? I changed the thread title so the previous questions are officially on topic.

Edit: Oops, there is an answer for the original question in the thread's title: "HD100 - will it ever be available?" The answer is "Yes". The original question did not ask "when", so it can be answered.

Edit2: And, same as last time, I'll post in the HD100 firmware notification thread when they are in stock, so just subscribe to that topic (without replying there) and you'll get an email notification.

- Andy
Old 03-14-2008, 09:37 PM
Sage Expert

All i can tell you guys and gals is when they become available again, pick some up. I will probably order one or two more. This little box is unbelievably amazing.
Media Server: Win 7 Home (32 bit), GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 Yorkfield 2.83GHz, 4 GB Ram, Geforce 9600 GT PCI-E, 1x HD PVR, HD homerun (2x for OTA, 1x for FIOS QAM), 1 x HD Homerun Prime with cablecard from FIOS.

Client: Windows 10 Pro

Media Extenders: HD-200 x 3, HD-200 x 2
Old 04-16-2008, 11:33 AM

Red face Can I get the $249 deal?

I'm new to SageTV, I haven't bought the software yet and I'm wondering if I can get the: "SageTV HD Media Extender with SageTV Media Center" bundle, even though the STX-HD100 is out of stock?

Thanks!
Declan.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Availibility? SageTV HD Media Extender

Any updates as to when I can expect stock of the SageTV HD Media Extender?

I was supposed to get one for my birthday (today)! Can someone at least post some more pics of theirs so I can look at while I blow the candles out?

I hate waiting!!

* merged *

Clients: HP dm1(E350), HD-100
Old 04-18-2008, 01:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have was told by sage that "We should have more come in by May"
Headless ArchLinux 2.6.34 64-bit, SageTV 7.0.15
Sun JRE 1.6.0_20
Comskip&PlayonWindows XP 2CPU and 1GB Ram Allocated
Clients: 1 Media MVP and 2 STX-HD100
Old 04-18-2008, 03:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

That would be nice I need to buy two more them.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:43 PM
Sage User

Can or should one pre-order a HD100

I haven't seen anywhere suggesting to pre-order a HD100 extender. Kind of hate to pre-order without a ballpark delivery date but then pre-orders could help determine actual demand so enough extenders are built (just guessing that's why it's taking so long).

I know. Dumb suggestion but that's just me.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:34 AM
Sage User

Throwing myself out the window

This is a useless post, but if the HD Extender doesnt get back in stock soon, I am throwing myself out the window!
Old 04-28-2008, 10:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

I really felt bad that I ordered two when I hadn't seen it work. I was worried I was taking a big risk. Looking back, I'm really, really glad I got two when I did. I just couldn't take waiting AGAIN. I waited 3 months for it the first time....
Old 04-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Sage Icon

maybe...

Maybe they are working out the last kinks in the Pioneer BD extender for the next release...

Old 04-28-2008, 10:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm expecting some anouncement late this week or early next week.

Is this too hopeful ???

Clients: HP dm1(E350), HD-100
Old 04-29-2008, 08:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stixx View Post
This is a useless post, but if the HD Extender doesnt get back in stock soon, I am throwing myself out the window!
Pictures, or it did not happen!!

I was lucky enough to pick up another one on a forum for $190, so I will finally have the 2 that I want (for now!)
Old 04-29-2008, 08:17 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjvrieze View Post
Pictures, or it did not happen!!

I was lucky enough to pick up another one on a forum for $190, so I will finally have the 2 that I want (for now!)
Damn... what other forum?
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)