SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-23-2008, 10:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Client stopped connecting...

My server and client have been working great for the past four months (on a wired network)... then randomly the client won't connect!!! (in service mode) Sage TV from the server works fine and Sage from the server (in service mode) also works fine. The only thing that has "changed" is I unplugged my router and DSL modem. After rebooting the client, server and plugging the modem and router back in the client still won't connect. I can remote into the client (via VNC) from my laptop, and I can also ping the client from the server. I was using server version 6.3.1 beta and client version 6.2.1. I now have both the client and the server at 6.3.5. After upgrading still no change. I then upgraded Java from 1.6.2 to 1.6.3...still no change. I have attached my properties files from the client and server as well as the log files. Help!!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Properties Files.zip (26.1 KB, 310 views)
File Type: zip Log Files.zip (28.5 KB, 317 views)
Old 01-24-2008, 05:35 AM
SageTVaholic

SInce you had unplugged router and then pluged it back in a couple of things probably happened.
1. DHCP is not delivering different addesses to your devices but specifically to the server.
2. Windows firewall on your server or a firewall elsewhere is now blocking those new addresses and not allowing the client to discover the server.

Either fix those issues or give your server a static IP, the one it had before.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
SInce you had unplugged router and then pluged it back in a couple of things probably happened.
1. DHCP is not delivering different addesses to your devices but specifically to the server.
2. Windows firewall on your server or a firewall elsewhere is now blocking those new addresses and not allowing the client to discover the server.

Either fix those issues or give your server a static IP, the one it had before.

Gerry
This is kinda what I was thinking as well. However I don't remember what the server or client's IPs were. The client is using zone alarm and the server is using the windows firewall. I did shut down zone alarm and try connecting... still no go. How can I tell the client what the "new" Ip is of the server? THANX!
Old 01-24-2008, 09:43 AM
SageTVaholic

I never hard code the IP in the client. I instead use the server computer name. That way if the ip changes the Client can still connect.

Shut down your client and change the connect IP to the server computer name.

change this line In client proprties.

autoconnect_server_hostname=192.168.1.6

Last edited by nyplayer; 01-24-2008 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Awesome, I'll give it a try THANX!
Old 01-25-2008, 09:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

That was it. THANX!!