SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-24-2008, 07:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Manual Recordings and Auto Deleting - Is there a way

Ok, I've searched and read all the debates about the manual recordings (or resolved conflicts) not being auto deleted ever. I understand that there are two camps on this. I personally don't like the fact that I have no OPTION to select one way or other. Personally I want to treat manual recordings as any other recording but may be at a different priority.

The question is : Is there any *automated* way to clear the manual flag on recordings?

My problem is this. Kids record bunch of shows manually, filling up the drive. Being kids, I can't expect them manage their manual recordings. Eventually in a week or so, the whole drive(s) (especially since they are OTA HD) will fill up and *no* show will get recorded. Now, I have to spend a lot of time going through shows and manually clearing that flag or deleting them in bulk (which they don't like).

So I am looking for an automated way. Is there a property that changes this behaviour? Any other tool? A metadata editor perhaps? Can I do SELECT/UPDATE query some how? Anything would be fine for now.

Sage: If you are listening, please add a global OPTION to treat manual recordings as any other ... PLEASE!

Thanks
Sarat.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Agree. To me, a manual recording is no different than a favourite recording and should be treated as such. If I want to keep it, I will archive it.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to Fastrack
If you want to bulk remove the "Manual Recording Status", in the webserver it's quite easy.

Goto "Sage Recordings" and Select all or only the ones you want, and from the drop-down box select "Clear Manual Record Status" and click 'Execute'
Tuners: HDHomeRun v1, Hauppauge HVR1600
Video: BenQ W5000 1080p, ASUS ATI 6670
Storage (10TB): Seagate 2TB, Hitachi Coolspin 2TB x 4 Data Drives + 2TB x 2 Parity Drives using FlexRaid 2.0 (RAID6 T2+)
SageTV: 7.1.9 Final ?

Last edited by Fastrack; 01-24-2008 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the tip. That saved me a bunch of time. Now, I need to figure out if I can automate this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastrack View Post
If you want to bulk remove the "Manual Recording Status", in the webserver it's quite easy.

Goto "Sage Recordings" and Select all or only the ones you want, and from the drop-down box select "Clear Manual Record Status" and click 'Execute'
Old 01-25-2008, 09:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Source code for that plugin is available, so depending on your programming skills, you may be able to modify the source to do it automatically.

Note that detailed questions about how to write plugins or use the SageTV API belong in the Studio section of the forum. Links to API docs and such can also be found in that forum.