SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-26-2008, 02:00 PM
Sage Icon

2 Questions - Recoverable Video Space & EPG

Hello - in the system help it says Used Video DiskSpace it says Recoverable Video Diskspace. Is recoverable the "free disk space" or is there something I need to do.

Desperate - Please - Any Answers...I'm posting here as I've gotten zero response in the EPG forum.

On another note - My EPG completly stopped working and I made a post in the EPG last night with no replies thus far. I have no guide thus making Sage somewhat useless. In my system help it says Last EPG was this morning at 8:06 am Next EPG update in 0 minutes. It's now almost 3 hours later and there is still no EPG.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30254

Please - anyone - I have no EPG at all.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 01-26-2008, 02:23 PM
Sage Icon

Recoverable space is space that Sage can use when it needs to. It includes intelligent recordings and shaows that can be deleted because you have watched them. You do not need to take any action.

If you have setup the Web interface you can use it to force an immediate update. If you do not have it available go into channel setup and disable a channel then reenable it to force an immediate update.
The next update in 0 minutes shows that it is trying but unable to get the update. The site could be down or you could have network problems preventing the update. You could try shutting down Sage and then restarting and see if the update is successful.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:10 PM
Sage Icon

Hello - what website can I try going to with my browser to see if it is down. I have already tried disabling a channel and reenabling it.

I have Nielms web server but I'm not sure where I can try and force a guide update there. Strangely enough, I can sign on to his server in my private IP by going to my private IP 192.168.xx.xx/sage/home but if I try going to my public IP:8080/sage/home for some reason the router does not seem to be doing the port forwarding and I would think it should. I'm not sure why but that and my place shifter are not working via the internet. But, I am able to do everything else on the internet including going to websites, ftp access and Email.

Could I have a bad router? All ideas will be most appreciated as I have to get the guide working again.

Thanks,
Mike