SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-03-2008, 04:49 AM
Sage User

Thumbs down SageTV Not Loading

Hey guys. I recently installed the latest trial version of SageTV (6.3.5), and the program won't even load up for me. I'm using an ATI Theater 550Pro with the latest drivers from ATI on an otherwise excellent running system.

After clicking "OK" to start the trial, I get a SageTV splash screen with the info scrolling across the bottom. Once it gets to "User Interface Manager is initializing", the process simply terminates. No error message is displayed, and it doesn't seem to hang.

I've tried rebooting, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling. No luck.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Try setting the property below in the "Sage.properties" file in the Sage Folder. Sometimes Sage has problem rendering 3D on some PC's. I believe you will find your property set to true.

Set property below then Startup Sage

ui/accelerated_rendering=false

Last edited by nyplayer; 02-03-2008 at 08:21 AM.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Sage User

Changed ui/accelerated_rendering to false, still no luck.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Administrator

Check your version of Java. And, you could try enabling debug logging to see if the end of the log gives any hints about what is happening.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

in ur SageTV folder, check if there is a bunch of files that start with HS_err_pid----.LOG

i had a similar thing happening to mine after going to V6.3.6 and i submitted a bug report, but i got a reply saying it's not sage it's a hardware issue on my comp.

in the meantime mine stopped doing it, so i'll never find out what was causing it. and i had Java 1.6.03 already installed and V6.3.5 worked fine.

but anyways im at V6.3.8 and havent seen the problem return.

i attached one of those error logs, as i said it might not be the same thing as urs, but it sounds exactly same as what mine was doing...
Attached Files
File Type: txt hs_err_pid3196.txt (10.8 KB, 209 views)
Old 02-03-2008, 02:13 PM
Sage User

Thanks guys. I found a couple error logs, and all the information contained in them seemed to be Java related. I updated my Java to the latest version, and Sage loaded right up without a hitch.

Now if I could just figure out why every DVR program I've tried so far (ATI Multimedia Center, GB-PVR, Mediaportal, and now Sage) all act completely flaky, or lock up when I try to do a channel scan (as Sage did).

I'm guessing it has something to do with the card, or the drivers for the card (latest from ATI). Probably material for another section of the forum.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:27 AM
Sage User

I've discovered a strange conflict lately that is somewhat similar. When my firewire DVD burner is connected to my PC, I cannot launch SageTV. It starts to load, then just quits with no error messages. If I stop the drive and then restart my computer, SageTV works fine. I've also had a conflict between this firewire DVD drive and uploading of digital video to my computer via firewire. I never resolved that conflict either.