SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-03-2008, 11:44 PM
Sage User

Question WHS service restart no guide no scheduled recordings

I've had SageTV Running for years and recently migrated to a new PC with the service running nicely for a couple of weeks trouble free.

Currently running WHS server install V6.3.6.160 with 3 wired MVP's + 1 extra placeshifter license. I have one SageTV Client install on another workstation that has refused to run for the last couple of weeks. I also had java installed on the server early on and used the SageTV.exe with RDP to set up configuration but don't regularly use the local SageTV app on the server. Lately, I had an unexpected reboot on the Server and my wife immediately noticed that she had lost all her manually scheduled recordings. After attempting some restores of the wiz.bin, wiz.bak, service stops and restarts it seemed I was also losing my entire guide data.

I can force an update and it populates but I still lose the scheduled recordings, and they don't seem to come back by restoring the wiz.bin. Recording and playback functions operate normally. The weird thing is that the file modified dates on the wiz.bin and wiz.bak files in the c:\program files\sagetv\sagetv folder are from jan\20 and jan\19 respectively. I was under the impression that the wiz.bak was created automatically on guide updates, but the modified dates on these files have not been changing. After adding a recording to the schedule, the recording / and guide data disappears after the service is stopped and restarted.

Does the SageTV service still use the files in this location? Why would restarting the service blow away the guide and scheduled recordings? Any Ideas on what may be going on?

WAF is starting to slip

Last edited by exdirtfarmer; 02-03-2008 at 11:53 PM. Reason: forgot to put in version and some typos
Old 03-31-2008, 05:18 PM
Sage User

Same problem here...

found a solution?
Old 03-31-2008, 06:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

One possibility, old installations of SageTV were installed to \Program Files\Frey Technologies, and current installations are to \Program Files\SageTV. If a SageTV installation is moved or re-installed, the Sage.properties file may have to be modified, so that the wiz.bin and wiz.bak paths are set correctly.

Also, if moved to a Vista machine, the paths may also be different.

Edit: I don't have WHS, so I'm probably far off base. I would still check in System Info which location is being used, then check the Sage.properties or SageClient.properties files for the wiz.bin paths.

Last edited by RobJ; 03-31-2008 at 06:05 PM.