SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 01-24-2004, 10:17 AM
SageTV Co-Founder

Color Calibration Settings in V2

Many of you have asked about changing the color calibration settings for your specific capture device and we have answered that call in Version 2. Go to Setup > Setup Wizard and select the capture device you want to adjust. That will bring you to the Source details page and from there select "Capture Color Calibration". That will allow you to adjust the following settings in Live TV:

Brightness, Contrast, Hue, Saturation, and Sharpness

Keep in mind that you are on a few second delay from Live so make sure you give each adjustment a few seconds or so to take effect. Also make sure you are watching "Live" TV when you make the adjustment.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Great new feature...it would be even better if you guys could hook up to the preview pin rather than using the PVR graph in this screen... then we wouldn't suffer the delay.
Old 01-24-2004, 08:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

I 2nd salsbst's applause... and suggestion - great new feature!

As noted in a thread I started a few minutes ago, the number range has also changed (for folks wanting to migrate forward their V1.4.10 settings):

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...0744#post20744
Old 01-24-2004, 10:19 PM
Sage User

I don't seem to see how I can tell which tuner my system is actually using relative to what I am viewing. Without this how can I adjust the settings?
Old 01-24-2004, 11:13 PM
Sage Icon

Re: Color Calibration Settings in V2

Quote:
Originally posted by dkardatzke
Many of you have asked about changing the color calibration settings for your specific capture device and we have answered that call in Version 2. Go to Setup > Setup Wizard and select the capture device you want to adjust. That will bring you to the Source details page and from there select "Capture Color Calibration". That will allow you to adjust the following settings in Live TV:

Brightness, Contrast, Hue, Saturation, and Sharpness

Keep in mind that you are on a few second delay from Live so make sure you give each adjustment a few seconds or so to take effect. Also make sure you are watching "Live" TV when you make the adjustment.
I don't seem to have the "Capture Color Calibration" option. I have tried this from both the server and client. I know I am missing something obvious, but...

Old 01-25-2004, 01:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

GREAT feature! And thanks for the heads up on the number changes, edmc.

Now, does anyone else have a problem with when clicking on "Done", nothing happens, and the only way to really clear it, is to go to the main menu, then BACK to live TV?
Old 01-25-2004, 11:59 AM
Sage User

the MixxMaster, I have the same problem with the "done" buton.
Old 01-25-2004, 12:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

fidget> I don't seem to have the "Capture Color Calibration" option.

I suspect a "left over" from an earlier installation, fidget. Please shut down SageTV V2 and edit your properties file. Scroll down and look for the line which starts with "wizard/widget_db_file=". I suspect yours doesn't have the correct STV file referenced. The file name should look like this: "...\\SageTV\\STVs\\OriginalV2\\OriginalV2.stv". If it is something different, then you are running with an STV file which doesn't contain the Calibrate option.

Last edited by edmc; 01-25-2004 at 12:31 PM.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:06 PM
Sage User

Great feature, but I'm wondering what the user is supposed to calibrate these controls with? Is there a way to bring up a test pattern (at least the standard NTSC pattern, maybe even a pluge)?

These settings only effect the signal being recorded? Not already recorded material?

-Tab
Old 02-01-2004, 10:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes these settings apply to the recordings. You'll need to adjust the TV and/or Video card for stuff that's already recorded.

Here's what I'd do.
1) Calibrate the TV by playing a DVD with test patters via Sage (like Digital Video Essentials/Avia). After that your display will be set right.
2) Calibrate the recordings. This is hard to do exactly, there have been a couple threads about it though.
Old 02-05-2004, 01:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

It's great! the picture quality is really good.
I'm watching on a TV set as secondary display and it works perfectly. (and sageTV is the anly one to allow this)
thanks for the great work!
It will be perfect when the bugs are fixed... and if the response of the color calibration is a bit faster.

Ferdinand
Old 02-28-2004, 08:28 AM
SageTVaholic

On my SageTVClient (the one that these control have an effect on), I cannot see the encoding from my 250 #2 (the one with the Svideo port enabled). It keeps showing me the one that is recording RF cable. I've tried removing the source and adding it back and that doesn't help.
Old 03-01-2004, 05:29 PM
Sage User

I was adjusting the color calibration, but was watching a prerecorded file (accidently). The app gave me an exception message. I know it's not suppose to be used as such, but also shouldn't give me the exception message. Maybe something like "You can adjust the color calibration while watching LiveTV."
Old 03-28-2004, 01:34 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
My calibration settings for 1.4.10, which echoed other users, were this:

brightness 129
contrast 67
hue -1
saturation 64
sharpness 2

Does anyone know how that translates in the new 2.1x beta settings?

-Robert
Old 08-24-2004, 11:06 PM

where do i find a list with the 2.1x beta settings?

I need that also