SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

ahhh gotcha.. thanks! Cant wait for it
Old 07-02-2008, 11:25 AM
Sage User

Hi Morgan,

I'm another person who's experiencing the "can't browse Watch Now" problem. It worked for me just after installing and configuring the plug-in and then stopped working. I see the channels, but when I select a channel, nothing is displayed. This also happens with Browse DVDs. Browse Channels works fine.

My setup information is correct (at least I assume it is, since I can see my queue).

I've seen entries in my log file that are similar to ones CTV and Bandit posted.

This link (which also appears in CTV's log): http://www.netflix.com/Top25RSS?gid=2442 takes you to a "Page Not Found". If I'm reading the log file correctly, it's supposed to be the HD DVD channel. Links with other IDs and no error logs all seem to link properly to their respective channels.

Here's my version of Bandit's log entry:

Quote:
setBrowseWatchNow:true
In getShows 296
clearing jump table... 296,
BrowseInstantRemote recieved processRequest
1 start not found:id="wnGalleryPage"
ShowBrowseHTMLParser 3 -1 95049
In getShows 296
BrowseInstantRemote recieved processRequest
1 start not found:id="wnGalleryPage"
ShowBrowseHTMLParser 3 -1 95049
I'm running SageTV 6.3.10, SageMC 6.3.7a, Netflix 2.01, Windows XP Pro SP3, Java 1.6.

If you need any other information or log files, let me know and I'll PM you.

Thanks for such a cool plug-in. My WAF increased substantially.

--Steve

P.S. Here's a feature request: Can you add support to manage the Instant Queue?
Old 07-02-2008, 02:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjrx0213 View Post
Hi Morgan,

I'm another person who's experiencing the "can't browse Watch Now" problem. It worked for me just after installing and configuring the plug-in and then stopped working. I see the channels, but when I select a channel, nothing is displayed. This also happens with Browse DVDs. Browse Channels works fine.

That's exactly what happened to me. I can't figure out what changed from when it was working and when it stopped. I didn't install anything or change anything between those times. I was doing some stuff to help Morgan troubleshooting this issue, but so far nothing has turned up...
Old 07-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Sage Icon

I've noticed a couple issues with the new player.

1. The pause, play controls work for me at the first of the movie, but by half way through they no longer work. I turned off the SageTV screen saver and that did not affect it.

2. Towards the end of the watchNow movie it starts to stutter. I've looked at my download bandwidth and it appears that the entire movie downloads in about 30min. During this time there are no issues, only an hour or so into the movie. I did not see any stuttering issues using IE.

Has anyone else seen these issues?

Anyone else see this issue?
Old 07-02-2008, 09:50 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
That's exactly what happened to me. I can't figure out what changed from when it was working and when it stopped. I didn't install anything or change anything between those times. I was doing some stuff to help Morgan troubleshooting this issue, but so far nothing has turned up...
hmm this just happened to me too... I can search and find titles though, and this works, but i have to know what titles are watch it now to do this...

anyone?
Old 07-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spook View Post
hmm this just happened to me too... I can search and find titles though, and this works, but i have to know what titles are watch it now to do this...

anyone?
There's a "Watch Instantly" tab at the top of the netflix homepage:

http://www.netflix.com/WatchNow?lnkctr=mhWN
Old 07-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalton22 View Post
There's a "Watch Instantly" tab at the top of the netflix homepage:

http://www.netflix.com/WatchNow?lnkctr=mhWN
Sure, But when I first installed the netflix SageMC addon, I was able to browse the 'watch instantly' titles via Sage, now the titles no longer come up. I have to go to an external source to get the 'watch instantly' titles now? ie a browser?
Old 07-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Sage Fanatic

Well now I do not see any listings as well for DVDs or Watch Now videos. Just from the Netflix site I can see it is a little different. I don't have a lot of time before I leave tomorrow afternoon until Sunday, but I'll see if I can get an update to correct that along with a couple of other updates that have already been started.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm in the same boat as you....I can't browse a list of "watch instantly" movies via Sage. It sounds like a lot of people are hitting this.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:34 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjrx0213 View Post
This link (which also appears in CTV's log): http://www.netflix.com/Top25RSS?gid=2442 takes you to a "Page Not Found". If I'm reading the log file correctly, it's supposed to be the HD DVD channel. Links with other IDs and no error logs all seem to link properly to their respective channels.

P.S. Here's a feature request: Can you add support to manage the Instant Queue?
Thanks Steve, I removed the HD DVD channel that is in a hard-coded channel list.

I will be including the Instant Queue. It is not in an RSS channel (that I know of) so it will have to be handled differently.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Exclamation

Morgan, I just thought Id tell you that if I alt-tab to another app, such as to check my email during movie playback, after I switch back to the netflix customer player, I can't use my remote control at all and the sageTV app window keeps staying on top of the netflix player.

Could you please take closer look at the way the netflix player handles situations when a user alt-tabs apps? It seems that the IE version of the netflix player behaves much better under these conditions.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 07-03-2008, 09:23 PM
SageTVaholic

This update to Netflix could create some more work for Morgan as well...

New Genre Pages
Old 07-03-2008, 09:56 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm not sure what I did, but after I watched my last Watch It Now Movie, I no longer can browse watch it now movies. They are all empty pages. Restarting SageTV and sageTV service have no effect. *sigh*

Edit: Actually, now I cant browse any movies. They only show up if I do a search.

Does anyone know how to make it work when this happens?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 07-03-2008, 10:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I'm not sure what I did, but after I watched my last Watch It Now Movie, I no longer can browse watch it now movies. They are all empty pages. Restarting SageTV and sageTV service have no effect. *sigh*

Edit: Actually, now I cant browse any movies. They only show up if I do a search.

Does anyone know how to make it work when this happens?
Morgan is researching this issue. I experienced it early last week and still have the same problem. Morgan just experienced it and should get back to troubleshooting after this weekend I think...
Old 07-04-2008, 07:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Cool thanks! In the mean time, I'm using Watch Now completely in IE. I have full control of the watch now in Internet Explorer with my remote control except for fast forward. (Play/pause/rew/stop/next/previous/fullscreen).

With a few quirks ironed out, this plugin will easily be my most used plugin except for Slimplayer (which I use for Sirius Radio, Pandora, Slacker, and my music albums).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Morgan is researching this issue. I experienced it early last week and still have the same problem. Morgan just experienced it and should get back to troubleshooting after this weekend I think...

***RIP SageTV***
Old 07-05-2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Cool thanks! In the mean time, I'm using Watch Now completely in IE. I have full control of the watch now in Internet Explorer with my remote control except for fast forward. (Play/pause/rew/stop/next/previous/fullscreen).
Relative newb here to Sage and SageMC in general, but how do you have this setup?

Also need to check into this Slimplayer
Old 07-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Sage User

No netflix playback on Hauppauge 350 video-out

Hi Guys,

Is there anyway of getting this to work on a system that uses the Hauppauge 350 for video out?

I'm pretty sure I have everything setup correctly but when I try to view a movie, it'll only display the movie on my monitor and NOT through the tv-out for the hauppauge 350.

I've tried both internet explorer and the custom player.

...and yes, I now know that getting the hauppauge 350 was a poor decision

-MB

Last edited by thecgmguy; 07-06-2008 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 07-08-2008, 05:19 PM
Sage Fanatic

New Update!

Sorry for the delay. I was out of town and then spent some extra time on a few details that had been started. I doubt this will fix the queue update issues that some of you are experiencing, but browsing of movies is hopefully fixed for everyone. More changes are in the works...

7/8/08 Update 2.03
  • Update html parsing to correct problem when browsing DVD and Watch Now titles.
  • Add the ability to browse Watch Now titles by sub-genre and not just top level genres.
  • Add ability to sort Watch Now titles by rating, title, MPAA rating.
  • Disable Sage from sleeping while playing movie.
  • Move mouse pointer off-screen when starting movie.
  • Volume controls now control volume of Windows Media Player. Volume percentage displayed on OSD status line when volume is adjusted.
  • Corrected problem when using a default bitrate for movie playback.
  • Start movie at position last left off when that info is available (however, that info does not seem to be saved when using the custom viewer).
  • Removed HD-DVD channel.

Get it here.

Last edited by Morgan111; 07-08-2008 at 05:23 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Sage User

If I'm not mistaken, the setup page isn't quite right -- it doesn't show up on the SageMC Options/Extra screen after the stvi is loaded. I think this happened once before.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Sage Fanatic

One thought is that you may have imported NetFlix when it was already loaded.
Did you Load the original SageMC STV or go back to an STV load before importing the NetFlix plugin?