SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:33 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinycorkscrew View Post
I think it may have just been coincidence in your case. I immediately tested Watch Now in IE, but the plug-in didn't work when I returned to Sage.

The plug-in is amazing though, and I'm very grateful for the wonderful job that Morgan has done with it.
That's too bad tinycorkscrew, I was hoping it was something easy, did it come back after a day like it has for some of us?

Too my other question, does anyone know how to download multiple, or something other then the first, episode from a television series?
Old 09-15-2008, 07:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowe View Post
Too my other question, does anyone know how to download multiple, or something other then the first, episode from a television series?

Yes. Go to the show, move to the right so that that the show's "DVD box" picture is highlighted, then move down and you'll see "Actor List" then move down again and you'll see "Episode List." Select that and then you can download each episode individually.

Mitch
Old 09-15-2008, 09:17 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G View Post
Yes. Go to the show, move to the right so that that the show's "DVD box" picture is highlighted, then move down and you'll see "Actor List" then move down again and you'll see "Episode List." Select that and then you can download each episode individually.

Mitch
Mitch, Thanks for the response. While browsing a TV season, and then going to the episode listing as you describe, I only have play stream options, no d/l options. When I did d/l a TV season and went to playback I had no episode listings to choose from for playback. Are you seeing something different?
Old 09-22-2008, 09:12 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowe View Post
Mitch, Thanks for the response. While browsing a TV season, and then going to the episode listing as you describe, I only have play stream options, no d/l options. When I did d/l a TV season and went to playback I had no episode listings to choose from for playback. Are you seeing something different?
When you get to the episode list, pressing select on an episode will stream it, or pressing "right" will download it. I don't believe there is currently a way to download all episodes automatically.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:36 AM
Sage User

Crashes?

Is anyone else seeing UI crashes with netflix?

I used to get a ton of crashes in Sage. Switching decoders, upgrading drivers, java, etc fixed most of them. Netflix is one of the only things giving me trouble anymore. I'd say 75% of the time it works fine. Other times I just get the spinning arrow circle forever. Pressing stop, menu, whatever has no effect and I need to kill Sage in the task manager and restart it. Sometimes it happens just by entering the Netflix menus. Sometimes it's not until I try to watch something. Yesterday it was when I tried to watch a trailer - when it was done it just hung forever on a black screen and I couldn't get it to go back to the menus.

I'm running the latest of pretty much everything involved: Windows XP Home SP3, WMP 11, java 1.6.7, Sage 6.4.8, SageMC 6.3.7a, Netflix 2.05a. I'm running Sage in Service mode, even though the UI is being run on the same machine. I've heard some mention of that actually being the cause of some problems, though never seen anyone spell out what those problems could be. I've left it as a service to ensure my programs still get recorded through all these lockups and crashes.

The only othe time I've seen similar problems was last week using the "email" part of SageMC. So I'm wondering if maybe this is really a networking problem (nothing else on my system has trouble with networking, but maybe a problem with networking and java?) or a SageMC problem?

Is anyone else seeing these kind of intermittent problems or know of a solution? Is there something I should be doing to enable logging to narrow down this problem?

Last edited by lazysean; 09-22-2008 at 10:24 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Sage Expert

Haven't heard from Morgan in some time. Can you share any thoughts in terms of future versions you're working on and maybe when you're targeting to release the next one?
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 09-28-2008, 06:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Does anyone have a solution to getting queue items to actually work in this plugin? I cant remove, move up, move down, move to bottom, move to top. Even after I hit save. Basically, nothing under the queue section works other than just showing whats in my queue. This has never worked for me. All other features of this plugin work.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Morgan,

Any thoughts of implementing parental controls for this mod. Currently my kids can watch a rated R movie through netflix, but not anywhere else in sage.

-Mike
Old 09-29-2008, 06:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Lazysean,

I'm also experiencing crashes with Netflix when I try to search for a title. Unfortunately that's not the biggest problem. A bigger issue is that there's almost nothing worth watching on Watch it Now.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:22 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
A bigger issue is that there's almost nothing worth watching on Watch it Now.
I completely agree. It seems like Netflix only bought the bargain dvds at my neighborhood PHARMACY.

Any word on if they're making adjustments to improve this? Perhaps some deals with studios for more recent (and popular) titles?

-MB
Old 09-30-2008, 12:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Well, at least its free; and, occasionally there might be something worth watching. Just imagine of you were one of those poor people who decided to buy a dedicated STB just for these movies.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-30-2008, 07:38 PM
Sage Fanatic

Howdy guys. Sorry I've been out of the loop for a while. Had too many things going on and just had to stay away for awhile to keep the distractions down. I'll work on catching up. I'm interested in how that new API from NetFlix will work out and what it can do. That may alter some of the plans.

Morgan
Old 09-30-2008, 07:41 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryttingm View Post
Morgan,

Any thoughts of implementing parental controls for this mod. Currently my kids can watch a rated R movie through netflix, but not anywhere else in sage.

-Mike
Yes, I want that in the next update. Seems as if half of the new Watch Nows are from the sleaze factory and the thumbnails seem to be the most eye catching to the kids.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:48 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazysean View Post
Is anyone else seeing UI crashes with netflix?

I used to get a ton of crashes in Sage. Switching decoders, upgrading drivers, java, etc fixed most of them. Netflix is one of the only things giving me trouble anymore. I'd say 75% of the time it works fine. Other times I just get the spinning arrow circle forever. Pressing stop, menu, whatever has no effect and I need to kill Sage in the task manager and restart it. Sometimes it happens just by entering the Netflix menus. Sometimes it's not until I try to watch something. Yesterday it was when I tried to watch a trailer - when it was done it just hung forever on a black screen and I couldn't get it to go back to the menus.

I'm running the latest of pretty much everything involved: Windows XP Home SP3, WMP 11, java 1.6.7, Sage 6.4.8, SageMC 6.3.7a, Netflix 2.05a. I'm running Sage in Service mode, even though the UI is being run on the same machine. I've heard some mention of that actually being the cause of some problems, though never seen anyone spell out what those problems could be. I've left it as a service to ensure my programs still get recorded through all these lockups and crashes.

The only othe time I've seen similar problems was last week using the "email" part of SageMC. So I'm wondering if maybe this is really a networking problem (nothing else on my system has trouble with networking, but maybe a problem with networking and java?) or a SageMC problem?

Is anyone else seeing these kind of intermittent problems or know of a solution? Is there something I should be doing to enable logging to narrow down this problem?
When that happens again, check to see if you are getting really sluggish responses from the NetFlix website. It sounds as if it is not getting replies to requests correctly or the data response is super slow. If the website seems fine at those timeswe may have to do some more logging.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:19 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Does anyone have a solution to getting queue items to actually work in this plugin? I cant remove, move up, move down, move to bottom, move to top. Even after I hit save. Basically, nothing under the queue section works other than just showing whats in my queue. This has never worked for me. All other features of this plugin work.
I just tried it again on a few clients just to make sure it was still working for me. I almost wish it didn't work for me so that I might have more insight into fixing it. We'll have a look at that new NetFlix API to see if it may be somewhat pain free to insert for some functions like queue management.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:23 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazysean View Post
When you get to the episode list, pressing select on an episode will stream it, or pressing "right" will download it. I don't believe there is currently a way to download all episodes automatically.
The next update should have an update to prompt for queuing of all episodes or just the first when on the main page of a video that contains episodes.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
Lazysean,

I'm also experiencing crashes with Netflix when I try to search for a title. Unfortunately that's not the biggest problem. A bigger issue is that there's almost nothing worth watching on Watch it Now.
I think they heard you...

Netflix to stream Starz movies

Dirk
Old 10-01-2008, 08:30 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
I think they heard you...

Netflix to stream Starz movies

Dirk
They also are going to be adding current shows from ABC and NBC. Actually I see that there is already some shows for CBS added.
How about an agreement with FoodTV, Huh?

http://www.engadgethd.com/2008/09/23...-now-streamin/

Netflix inks deals with ABC / CBS, current TV shows streaming soon

by Darren Murph, posted Sep 23rd 2008 at 2:38AM

Whoa boy -- the Netflix wagon just keeps picking up steam. Announced today, the movie rental service has landed separate agreements with both CBS and ABC that will allow a swath of current TV shows to be streamed at Netflix. Starting next month, subscribers can indulge in current season episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, and beginning this week, current season episodes of CSI: Miami and CSI: NY. Over on the ABC / Disney side, you can expect to find streams of Hannah Montana, The Suite Life on Deck, and Wizards of Waverly Place, two of which can be seen just 24 hours after they air on television. Users will also find heaps of catalog episodes to enjoy at their leisure, and we have all ideas the quantity of available content will grow as time passes. Now, if only we had an ETA on HD streaming...

Last edited by Morgan111; 10-01-2008 at 08:32 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
When that happens again, check to see if you are getting really sluggish responses from the NetFlix website. It sounds as if it is not getting replies to requests correctly or the data response is super slow. If the website seems fine at those timeswe may have to do some more logging.
That's my best guess - and it explains why I had the same problems with the email function in SageMC. My question then is what can be done to fix it? An unresponsive website should not take down the entire application to the point that I have to kill the process or even reboot to fix it. Can't you do multiple threads or at least nonblocking I/O in java?
Old 10-01-2008, 01:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Wow, just going through a few pages of the new Starz movies already available I saw 10-12 movies I'd want to watch! Quite an improvement.