SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-19-2008, 11:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

Export a list of imported videos

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone knows a way to create a list of the imported video's. I have about 900 or so all spread out over multiple UNC shares/drives. I know I can manually go through each one and create a list, but since SageTV should have all the info already I was wondering if there was a way to do it easily.

My goal is to organize my video's better so I would like each file to be listed with filename, full path, size and maybe a few other simple stats. It'd be great to get a CSV file I can mess around with in Excel. So if anyone knows a good way to do this, please let me know.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:46 PM
Sage Icon

You could use nielm's webserver plugin, http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8426 , to export an xml file of the search results of your imported videos.

A lot of the data you seek is included in the xml. Maybe the pertinant data could be extracted from the .xml.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have the web server plugin. It's actually what made me think of doing this, but I didn't notice the little xml link at the top. This is almost what I want..now to find a good way to convert xml to csv selecting the fields I want. Thanx.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Learn something new everyday. Excel has no trouble using xml files and sorting the data guess I don't need to convert. Thanks again.