SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:41 AM
Sage User

SageTV Menus Sluggish

The lastest round of betas since the last stable release all have the problem where after Sage has been running for several hours the menus start to become sluggish to response. I am running SageTV as a service and keep Sage UI sleeping in tray when not in use.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 02-28-2008, 11:12 PM

It has happened to me too.

I would have to press the buttons on the remote multiple times to get a response. It was fine after I rebooted.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
I would have to press the buttons on the remote multiple times to get a response. It was fine after I rebooted.
This sounds pretty similar to the "Hesitation" thread in this forum (http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...13&postcount=1)

Here is what I have posted there... hope it helps!

I had a problem similar to this once after I upgraded from Java 1.4 to Java 1.6. After awhile of use, Sage would reach the max heap size and start garbage collecting constantly, causing the stutters. I think a recent version of Sage started packaging 1.6, so if you had previously been running 1.4, this may be your problem.

The fix for me was to increase the max heap size. I think Sage uses 250 MB by default. I increased to 500 MB and find that Sage now typically grows to 350 and stays constant. An easy way to check if you are maxing out the heap is to look at the System Information and find the line that reports the java heap usage.

To increase the max Java heap for sage, you have to make a registry change. The instructions can be found at the end of this thread:

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...13&postcount=9