SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-02-2008, 11:55 AM

Unable to Convert Files...

I'm trying to down-convert some shows I've recorded. I've had success with many of my recordings, but cannot seem to get a few select recordings to convert. I start the converting process, and the temporary conversion file is made in SageTV's directory, but the process simply quits before the entire file is converted.

I have tried moving the video files out of the SageTV directory and then moving them back inside, but that does not work. I'm trying to convert to the format DVD - Extra Long Play with AC3. The files are each around 7.5-8GB.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 03-02-2008, 01:38 PM
SageTVaholic

I've had bad luck trying to convert HD shows. About 90% of my attempts have failed. The problem is, every time I do a partial recording, which the intention of sending it in to support, the conversion works. I think it can happen due to errors in the mpeg2 stream. I must not get them that often, so my short recordings are error free, but often enough its rare for me to be able to record 30 minutes without an error.

This has been discussed in other threads in the forums. I don't believe anyone has resolved the problem.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Elsewhere there is a thread (by rickgillyon: http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ad.php?t=17188) about batch files and scripts for converting recordings. In it, he indicates that he almost always runs digital recordings through VideoRedo QuickStreamFix first, to fix a lot of sync errors.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:42 PM

So, if there's no reliable way of down-converting HD shows, I don't suppose SageTV has any way of splitting video files? I'm trying to move the files to my external HD, which does not support transfers of more than 4GB (FAT32 filesystem).

If SageTV won't do it, does anyone know of any good, free splitting utilities?