SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Sage User

How do you get to the Servers menu

Guys,
Just got my Media Extender and I have a couple of questions. First off if you set the extender to auto connect how do you get back to the servers menu to make adjustments?

Second question, I unboxed the unit and updated the firmware and connected it using the supplied cables. Worked fine. I then connected it using an HDMI cable and once it finally connected I have no audio. Any suggestions?
Old 03-05-2008, 07:31 PM

I'm having the very same issue with the HD Extender I got in the mail today. No audio over HDMI.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Sage Icon

When the HDx is in standby mode, use the home key. You will see a prompt that give you 5 seconds to click OK, to enter the configuration. You can also use the power off and back on with the switch but that is overkill.

In the configuration make sure you have the sound set to use HDMI or whatever method you need.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Sage User

Thanks Carlgar. I had to use the button on the back because I had selected the auto connect to server option and the Home button doesn't take you to the servers menu but rather the Sage main menu. I unchecked that option for now
I also was able to reset the sound output from within the severs menu so now all is good.
Thanks again.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:40 PM
SageTVaholic

No you put the extender in standby (hit the power button), then hit the Home key on the remote while it's "off" and it will take you to the setup like carlgar mentioned.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Administrator

I need to update the docs... the "within 5 seconds" comment in another topic made me wonder where that came from & then I read this one and realized it came from the auto-connect setting. And, right, you don't need to use the power switch; just use Home while in standby, like the docs do at least say. After the initial boot, the HD100's server menu has the dialog for the 5 seconds to cancel the auto connect option.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:31 PM
Sage User

OK guys. I just slid down the SageTv menu to standby. let it set there a second. Then hit the Home button. Mine goes directly to the Sage display. So what's the difference between the standby option on the SageTV interface and turning the unit off? When I did turn if off I got the option for 5 secs.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupp View Post
I just slid down the SageTv menu to standby. let it set there a second. Then hit the Home button. Mine goes directly to the Sage display. So what's the difference between the standby option on the SageTV interface and turning the unit off?
Standby on the Main Menu simply puts it into screen saver standby mode, using whatever options you chose for the screen saver. This does not put the unit itself into standby mode. (And, yes, I know there are 2 uses of the term 'standby' here.)

The Power button on the HD100 remote directly tells the unit to go into its own standby mode -- there was a printed manual for the HD100 in the box. The info about the Home & Standby/Power buttons is on p. 4.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Sage User

Should SageTV media extenderse put in standby or power down?

Should SageTV media extenders be put in standby or power down? I'm not sure I under stand the difference.

Last edited by Rupp; 03-06-2008 at 06:15 PM.