SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Roadmap for the HD-100?

Is there any type of roadmap of coming features with the HD extender? I received mine today and I'm quite impressed. I have a couple obstacles to overcome now with the remote situation. I have was previously using a USB-UIRT and EventGhost to control the TV and receiver. Right now it looks like I'll be going back to my Harmony 890 at least temporarily. I was kind of used to having two Firefly remotes in the living room and bedroom to control the units and me and the wife never fought over the remote.

I have visions of future firmware supporting a USB-UIRT and being able to program it, etc. Man, this would make this box really rock. Good job with this unit. As always, I'm just looking for more!!!

Old 03-05-2008, 10:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwolf View Post
I have visions of future firmware supporting a USB-UIRT and being able to program it, etc. Man, this would make this box really rock. Good job with this unit. As always, I'm just looking for more!!!
I too would love to see the USB ports be able to handle USBUIRT. I don't really need it at the moment as I use a MX-500 universal remote, but could use it for my next extender box I'll probably be ordering down the road.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Come on Andy!!! Give us something to think about!
Old 03-06-2008, 04:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwolf View Post
Come on Andy!!! Give us something to think about!
Did you know that for every second of your life, 1000 milliseconds pass? And, those numbers just keep adding up, to a finite amount. Now, just because those numbers don't weigh anything doesn't mean that the passage of time can't weigh heavily upon you. In fact, many people find that they weigh more as more time passes. What causes that? Is there a connection between the passage of time and the effects of gravity? Some people think so and encourage others not to ignore the gravity of this situation. After all, very few people weigh less now than they did when they were born, yet hardly anyone seems to think this is a serious issue to be concerned about. Does that weigh on your mind? If someone offered you a penny for your thoughts, would that be an equivalent amount of mass being exchanged? How much thinking does it take to match that penny? Is it easier to think enough to match only a dime? How about a dollar bill? That weighs less than a penny, yet it is actually equal to 100 of them. Some people say that it doesn't make cents to think about things in this way, but in the time they spent thinking about it, more time has passed, thus adding to what could be weighing them down. That's something to think about.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Did you know that for every second of your life, 1000 milliseconds pass? And, those numbers just keep adding up, to a finite amount. Now, just because those numbers don't weigh anything doesn't mean that the passage of time can't weigh heavily upon you. In fact, many people find that they weigh more as more time passes. What causes that? Is there a connection between the passage of time and the effects of gravity? Some people think so and encourage others not to ignore the gravity of this situation. After all, very few people weigh less now than they did when they were born, yet hardly anyone seems to think this is a serious issue to be concerned about. Does that weigh on your mind? If someone offered you a penny for your thoughts, would that be an equivalent amount of mass being exchanged? How much thinking does it take to match that penny? Is it easier to think enough to match only a dime? How about a dollar bill? That weighs less than a penny, yet it is actually equal to 100 of them. Some people say that it doesn't make cents to think about things in this way, but in the time they spent thinking about it, more time has passed, thus adding to what could be weighing them down. That's something to think about.

- Andy
Hmm, I think I forgot what we were talking about. I am lost in thought.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Weigh to go Andy!
Old 03-06-2008, 04:50 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm suddenly getting veeerrry sleeepy.... Those words are weighing on my mind..... We can't go and say you didn't respond though Andy
Old 03-06-2008, 04:52 PM
Sage Fanatic

Man.. never offer Andy a penny for his thoughts!
Old 03-06-2008, 06:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

- Andy
Out-flippin-standing!
Old 03-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Sage Expert

Hey man, put down the pipe.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks!
Old 03-07-2008, 01:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

I feel a bit heavier now, not sure why. Maybe it was Andy "saying something", or the half a diet coke I drank while I read what he said...

It got me thinking though, I don't know which I like better...
  1. the good ol' days when someone would ask a question directed at SageTV/Andy in hopes to get "inside" info about whatever. Andy nor Sage would not respond, which would start a slew of rants and whining by all who had 2 cents.
  2. or here recently when Andy got smart and started responding with these witty responses... at least nobody can whine about him not responding
Whatever happens, I'll keep reading, because I believe I enjoy both scenarios.

Be sure to ask Andy a question... you'll never guess what he'll say!

Future plans: 1 more HVR2250, 1 Ceton CC 4-way tuner, 10TB diskspace
Issues: 1 PVR250 not working, system board?
Old 03-07-2008, 07:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Not sure why all the secrecy. Here is the roadmap of the HD100 (at least for the two that I ordered).

HD100 Roadmap
Old 03-07-2008, 08:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
Not sure why all the secrecy. Here is the roadmap of the HD100 (at least for the two that I ordered).

HD100 Roadmap
This thread just keeps getting better!
Old 03-07-2008, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by reboot_this View Post
Be sure to ask Andy a question... you'll never guess what he'll say!
Really? Is that what you want? And here I've been debating adding a new forum rule not to ask me such ambiguous questions. I just realized what the first post of this topic contains and found that I might have misunderstood that last question. I've been working on my doctoral thesis titled "Those Thoughts They Think To Themselves" and thought I found a fellow thinker to debate with; instead, I should have just said: "No, I can't say anything about that. It is classified and I don't yet know if I have clearance."

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
"No, I can't say anything about that. It is classified and I don't yet know if I have clearance."

- Andy

All this is missing is "and if I told you, then I would have to kill you"....

Or maybe "The Truth? You can't handle the Truth"....
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter