SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 03-08-2008, 10:54 PM
Sage Expert

HD Extender - after a couple of minutes freezes and turns off

I have two HD extenders. I hooked them up tonight. Both have firmware updated, I am running Sage 6.3.10, and the latest java (downloaded latest java to be on the safe side).

The one box works just fine.

The other box, when I am playing a recorded tv file, after a couple of minutes, it freezes, and then eventually turns off.

Any ideas?
Media Server: Win 7 Home (32 bit), GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 Yorkfield 2.83GHz, 4 GB Ram, Geforce 9600 GT PCI-E, 1x HD PVR, HD homerun (2x for OTA, 1x for FIOS QAM), 1 x HD Homerun Prime with cablecard from FIOS.

Client: Windows 10 Pro

Media Extenders: HD-200 x 3, HD-200 x 2
Old 03-08-2008, 11:12 PM
Sage Expert

Here is what I did that seems to be working right now.

I was using the ethernet cable that was hooked to my client. I got one of the ethernet cables that I was not using and switched to that one.

*knock on wood* it seems to be working now. could it be that simple?
Media Server: Win 7 Home (32 bit), GIGABYTE GA-EP43-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505 Yorkfield 2.83GHz, 4 GB Ram, Geforce 9600 GT PCI-E, 1x HD PVR, HD homerun (2x for OTA, 1x for FIOS QAM), 1 x HD Homerun Prime with cablecard from FIOS.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:56 PM
Sage Icon

It could be but I would consider it unlikely. There have been reports of random lockups with the HD extender. There is another thread http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...37&postcount=1 concerning that. I have been unable to run more than a week without seeing the issue. I am currently running old firmware now to try to find a version that works, but I also encountered a random lockup tonight.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:43 AM
Sage Expert

I did see that thread. For me, initially, the lock up did not seem random, it seemed chronic. Then once I shut everything down, swapped the ethernet cable, and it just worked. So I am hopeful and its working right now. But we will see.

Thanks for the response.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Sage Expert

well the problem is no longer occurring as much, but it just happened again. So its not the ethernet cable.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergq View Post
well the problem is no longer occurring as much, but it just happened again. So its not the ethernet cable.
But if changing the etherent cable affected the frequency of the problem significantly; you're probably on the right track in that it's an issue in the network somewhere.

I'd recommend swapping your extenders and then seeing if the problem follows it. If it does follow it; then remove the files in the SageTV\clients folder on the server to wipe the server's configuration for each device. Then they'll both have identical configs and if the problem still only occurs on that one device then it's probably a hardware issue on the extender and you'll need to contact support for an exchange. (We haven't confirmed that any of these lockup problems are related to the extender HW yet; but it's still a potential theory)
Old 03-14-2008, 09:43 PM
Sage Expert

move it...do you know what I have to do to move it it also doesn't help that I will be moving to a new house in 30+ days.

*knock on wood* it has not happened in the last 48 hours. My wife works from home and she has had it on during the day. I came home early today and was watching programs for about 6 hours straight (I know, I have no life - but I have lot of stuff on there I want to watch and delete).