SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-09-2008, 12:00 AM
Sage User

Unstable Box and Upgrade Question...

Hey there guys, long time no post. Anyways sage has been working superbly for the past 3 years or so. However in the past 6 months or so my box has been having stability issues with sage just crashing to desktop with no errors.

I am running version 4 with a single tuner on a 1.2ghz celeron box running winxp SP2 with a 512megs of ram. I am running sage in standard mode (not sure of the technical name) so that I can run Svid out of the videocard into my tv. I also have a wired media MVP in the other room.
This setup has been working great for the past few years but I think that it may be time for a reformat of the boot drive due to the random crashing.

While I am am already starting from scratch with a new install of xp I was wondering if you think it would be worth the money to upgrade to the newest version. I think it should be noted that I really only use the basic features of sage to record tv shows and then rewatch them at a later time. I dont use any of the "media center" features and rarely ever watch live tv thru sage. I don't even have comskip or anything installed (although I would like to try to get it installed when I reformat if possible)

So that having been said do you think that it is worth the money to upgrade or should I just stick with the version I have now and go for a clean install?

Thanks for your input.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:45 AM
Sage User

Before you do anything try enabling logging for Sage and at least see what it says or send it to tech support.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:12 PM
Sage User

Thanks, Ill try that and let you know what happens.