SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Another STV user who would like Hulu.com support through STV. If you haven't checked out their site yet, it's worth a visit.
STV 9.1.5.683 / Vista Premium / Compaq Presario SR-5550F / AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400 / nvidia GeForce 8400GS / 3 GB DDR2 / 500 GB SATA / 1 TB SATA / M2N68-LA Motherboard / Hauppauge HVR-1250 / Hauppauge HVR-1600 / 2 x STX-HD100 / OTA / Channel Master FLATenna 35
Old 06-10-2008, 09:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

http://www.tvsquad.com/2008/06/10/hu...port-and-nova/

They are only getting bigger. It would be great if Sage could share with us if they are in talks with Hulu.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

I think one of the benefits to being able to watch Hulu in Sage would be to improving video playback. I always find that their full screen video displays an awful lot of tearing and some hefty CPU requirements for what amounts to less than HD video. I see nothing to indicate what codecs and whether video hardware assist is being used, if any. It would also give me another reason to dump the PC altogether and go HD Extender all the way!

Please Sage, consider a plugin deal with Hulu or Netflix!!!!
Old 07-31-2008, 02:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Even just a plugin that would browse through the hulu library, and bring up a full-screen browser window and play the file would be enough to make me happy. This would not be too unlike the way the netflix plugin brings up a seperate playback window. Obviously, not the most preferred method, but it is better than what we've got now (nothing).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-31-2008, 07:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Extender users can hack a way to watch a hulu video on their extender.
It's not very pretty but it works. (Although, no doubt, a plugin like the netflix plugin would be great.)

Using the "netflix on the extender" hack whereby one connects the s-video from their video card to the s-video input on a tuner card, you can tune to the s-video channel and see your server's desktop.
Then using VNC, one can log into the server and bring up hulu.com and play a movie. I caught up on some "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" episodes this way.

Mitch
Old 07-31-2008, 11:00 AM
Sage Icon

Could there be a way to use a program to convert Flash to another format to store in a directory?

Never tried it but I've see a few programs out there. I think there's a free one I saw a month ago but don't reemember what's its called. here is one I chose at random. http://www.avi-swf-convert.com/

Here's someone who made their own player: http://chrisbrimelow.com/blog/?p=15

Here is how some people are getting the video: http://zunetips.wordpress.com/veohco...o-downloading/

I not sure if this way would be useful, I haven't even giving it a try NOR I HAVE TIME. Please if someone has time to read the links and see if this way is viable.

Last edited by QueOnda; 07-31-2008 at 11:06 AM. Reason: added more links
Old 07-31-2008, 11:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Could Hulu be played through the NetflixPlayer app (which I think is a WMP sort of player) that Morgan is using for his Netflix Plugin? If so, then there are some possibilities for Hulu on SageTV I think.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:57 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Could Hulu be played through the NetflixPlayer app (which I think is a WMP sort of player) that Morgan is using for his Netflix Plugin? If so, then there are some possibilities for Hulu on SageTV I think.
If that's the case I found a plugin for winamp: http://www.orban.com/plugin/ (is it free???)

Also are the hulu steams DRM? I found this talking about most are not but what to do if they are: http://all-streaming-media.com/faq/r...ming-video.htm
Old 08-05-2008, 02:29 PM
SageTVaholic

More reason to get a Hulu Plugin to SageTV:
720P on Hulu
Old 08-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
More reason to get a Hulu Plugin to SageTV:
720P on Hulu
So what is it about that site that always locks IE on my PC with 100% cpu usage? I really need to try harder to never click on links to engadgethd.com...

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
So what is it about that site that always locks IE on my PC with 100% cpu usage?
Well there's your problem right there.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Hmm, another service popped up that's offering hulu streaming

http://www.themediamall.com/playon

They're even streaming to the Xbox which we know has really limited format capabilities. So somehow they must be grabbing the flv's, transcoding them, and then streaming them. So clearly there's a way to do this that we're just not seeing. Gentleman, start you're reverse engineering engines...
Old 08-19-2008, 01:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Hmm, another service popped up that's offering hulu streaming

http://www.themediamall.com/playon

They're even streaming to the Xbox which we know has really limited format capabilities. So somehow they must be grabbing the flv's, transcoding them, and then streaming them. So clearly there's a way to do this that we're just not seeing. Gentleman, start you're reverse engineering engines...
A Hulu plugin for SageTV would be so nice. I really, really would like to see this.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:51 PM
Sage Expert

PlayOn or ActiveTV (MediaMall.com)

MediaMall seems like it could integrate really well with SageTV.

PlayOn B3 offers:

Hulu: Fix for videos not playing
Hulu: Movies (yippee – the largest beta request by far!)
Hulu: New categorization of episodes and clips with season and episode numbers
YouTube: User Playlists/Subscriptions and Published videos
General: Icon in system tray to see the status of the server, and ability to disable it from automatically starting when windows starts
We have lots more feature requests in the works. Next up is:

Netflix
Hulu High Resolution
To keep track of what is going on with the Beta, feel free to visit www.themediamall.com/blog

From the blog:
Fascinating! - we keep receiving reports from Beta users that PlayOn works on their other DLNA compliant devices. So - thanks to the brave beta users who have been ”playing around” with PlayOn - we can now report a much larger list of devices that you can PlayOn. In addition to the PLAYSTATION 3, Xbox 360, and HP MediaSmart TV, we have reports that PlayOn works on:
D-Link DSM-520
D-Link DSM-750
Popcorn Hour A-100
Pioneer Elite PRO-1140HD TV
DirecTV HR21-100 HD DVR
DirecTV HR20 Receiver

I'd love to see the HD-100 added to this list.

So any folks smarter than me there working on this?

Edit - I just found this: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...highlight=hulu

I didn't realize this was already posted - I DID search, but apparently not well enough.

* merged *

Last edited by ybrew; 09-03-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

How about the newly updated Amazon Video On Demand???

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 09-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Sage User

I would love to see this as well...
Maybe I could help program it? Has anyone started work on something like this?
Old 09-11-2008, 01:48 PM

Play On integration

Hulu along with the networks would make a huge addition. Access PlayOn mentioned above (still in Beta) would bridge alot of the problems deling with the various online providers and allow Sage to focus on thier strengths. Something like this has to be the next step. decent quality online video is starting to take off.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:01 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm a relative late-comer to hulu.com. What a nice site! Whatever it's worth, I'd also like to see this under sageTV/sageMC under the Online Videos section

***RIP SageTV***
Old 09-26-2008, 03:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Has anyone ever directly suggested this to SageTV?
Old 09-26-2008, 03:24 PM
SageTVaholic

I have. I'm sure they've thought about it, but even if they were in talks with Hulu to do an official plugin I doubt we'd hear about it until it was ready to release.

Still, I don't think it hurts to let them know we want it. Is it possible to build a Hulu.com plugin into SageTV or would it require something in the core?