SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-26-2004, 12:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via Yahoo to sixdoubleo
Proper Way to Launch SageTV Client

Is there a way to launch SageTVClient so that if it is already running, it wakes it and if it ISN'T already running it launches it normally????

When I launch SageTVClient with the "-awake" function, it does in fact wake a sleeping SageTVClient. But if Sage isn't already running, -awake does nothing.

My temporary workaround was a batch file to detect this, but is there an option I could be using that would do this?
Old 01-26-2004, 12:48 AM
Administrator

You mean something other than double-clicking on the systray icon to wake it, correct?

What version are you using to try this?

- Andy
Old 01-26-2004, 02:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via Yahoo to sixdoubleo
Quote:
Originally posted by Opus4
You mean something other than double-clicking on the systray icon to wake it, correct?

What version are you using to try this?

- Andy
Right, no clicking allowed. I want it all to work from the command line.

Old 01-26-2004, 10:03 AM
Administrator

And if you run it again w/o "-awake" when it is sleeping, does it start a 2nd instance of SageTVClient? I tried this with a different version & it did what you are describing, which is different from the results when trying it with SageTV -- I have never used the awake parameter with SageTV & it starts a new instance or wakes the program, as it should.

- Andy
Old 01-28-2004, 08:46 AM
Sage User

I have to ask...

I have never done this as I have more clients in the house than I have tuners on SageTV. Typically only two clients are running at a single time but when I first started using SageTV it seemed that if a client "had control" of a tuner another client couldn't change channels.

Does putting sageclient to sleep free up the tuner for someone else to use? If not does v2 do this?

I run everything thorugh myhtpc and if putting the client to sleep frees up a tuner I will start the client up at startup "asleep" and have the myHtpc button just wake it up.

It was managable to startup the client when needed with v1.4 but v2 takes a looooongg time to startup now.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Yes, I find that if my client is using a tuner for live TV (hard to prevent currently in v2), the tuner is released when the client is put to sleep, just like SageTV itself.

The problem in this thread is that you can run more than one instance of the client on one machine.

- Andy