SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-14-2008, 11:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sage Client 6.3 100% CPU after wakeup from Hibernation

Everything was fine with my client before upgrading to v6.3, now when I turn it on after it has hibernated, Sage Client hangs at 99 or 100% CPU usage. If I go into the task manager and kill the Sage Client process and restart Sage, all is well. If I try to do anything in Sage Client before restarting I get the spinning circle icon forever.

I'm running WinXP Pro on my server and clients with wired gigabit Ethernet.

I am running no add ons to Sage Client or server, just plain 6.3.10.166 straight out of the box.

Again all was well for years with 6.2, I can't think of anything else that changed on the client. With 6.2 and earlier Sage when I would resume from hibernation it would take 15 or 20 seconds to sync back up with the Sage server, but it would always work. Now, no go.

Network card drivers are up to date, and I have not allowed Windows to turn power off to the network card during sleep modes. Note I"m not sleeping the computer though, I'm hibernating it, so this shouldn't matter. I suspect networking issues, but I don't know where to look.

Anyone have an idea?

Thanks!
Old 03-14-2008, 01:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

not really a fix, but an idea... Java updates with Sage. If you haven't been updating to new version when they come out.. the Java would have changed. Now if that the problem or part of the solution I'm not sure... but want to put that in your head.. maybe it would get you going do the right road.

--Mike
Win7Pro, SageTV v6.6, SageMC, Intel E6850, 2048MB DDR2, , ATI4750, LG BR/HDVD/DVD-Rom,1xHDHR, 1xPVR-1600 (1x DirectTV , 1x Comcast Analog Cable, and 3x OTA Digital), USB-UIRT, and Harmony 300 Remote + 1 MVP Extender + 1 PC Client.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

I was running java 1.6.0_03, I tried updating to version_05 but it didn't change anything.

I could set the computer to just shut down rather than hibernate, I was just trying to shave time off the restart. It is quicken to come out of hibernation that to boot up from scratch. Up until this incident hibernation has always been more reliable for me than S3 sleep modes on computers.

Perhaps this isn't a networking issue but it is a Sage issue after all?