SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 03-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Sage Expert

HD Media Extender vs PS3/PSP

PS3 with firmware update 2.0 just got one killer feature I was looking for (and one of the reasons I haven't got one for my living room yet)

* Use your PSP as a remote control to play back your music files on your PS3 without turning on your TV.
http://arstechnica.com/journals/thum...u-ray-2-0-home

When I play my music there is no need to have the TV on. I just want to select songs/playlist and let it play. It would be a killer feature if you can use something like PSP, Nintendo DS or other wireless gadget with screen to control the HD Media Extender. (It might be probably possible to control the server via the web server and I wonder if then the server could instruct the media extender to play the selection)
Old 03-20-2008, 04:12 PM
SageTVaholic

You can pretty much do that via the Neilm's webserver and any internet enabled device. i.e. when you go to a media file on the webserver it has the option to start playback on any active Sage instance or extender.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:45 PM
Sage Expert

wow, I will definitely have to try this. Thanks a lot for pointing this out.