SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 01-27-2004, 01:06 AM
Administrator

Unable to Exit SageTV

My latest recurring problem: I am unable to exit SageTV by right clicking on the systray icon and selecting "Exit SageTV". Doing so has no effect on SageTV -- it blithely goes on doing its thing, ignoring me when I tell it to stop. (Ok, so my 3 year old daughter does that too...)

It will work immediately after starting SageTV, but by the following evening, it will no longer exit. So far, SageTVClient doesn't have this problem.

I'm only mentioning this here since I don't know what causes it, so even though a bug report will be submitted, I can't be very specific about reproducing the problem.

Anyone else have this happen? How about someone else with an xcard?

- Andy

Last edited by Opus4; 01-27-2004 at 01:17 AM.
Old 01-27-2004, 01:16 AM

I had that happen with the old 1.4 version occasionally. The strange part is that the Sage2 beta seems to work better in this respect for me, so far.

PS:I don't have an Xcard.
Old 01-27-2004, 01:27 AM
Administrator

Irrelevant -

(well, you _said_ that's your name...)

Does that mean it hasn't happened to you at all in v2? I never noticed it in v1.4 -- just before installing v2, v1.4 was running for 29 days straight & it exited promptly when told to do so.

Usually, I never exit SageTV, but I have had to do that for the last couple nights since the EPG never gets updated otherwise. (See my other thread.) That's when I noticed I couldn't exit.

- Andy
Old 01-27-2004, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Does that mean it hasn't happened to you at all in v2?
Not yet(fingers crossed). I'll try to make a point of closing Sage ever now and then to see if I can duplicate it with Ver2. I'll post if it happens to me with ver2.

Like you I rarely ever shutdown Sage so I don't really know how bad this was with 1.4. As bugs go at least this one is not bad, unlike your other issue.

The signature comes from a line of dialogue in my favorite Animae series "Trigun". For some reason it just feels right to me. Names mean little, actions speak alot.

Last edited by justme; 01-27-2004 at 01:46 AM.
Old 01-27-2004, 02:02 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to ErsatzTom
I've noticed this a couple of times with V2. No xcard. Not sure what to make of it. The first time I noticed it was yesterday. While that does coincide with my starting to play around with the music jukebox features, that doesn't really mean much because it could have happened before and I just didn't really pay much attention. Before I downgraded to the drivers off the hauppauge site, I used to have to kill the sage process through the Task Manager on a regular basis so I'm pretty desensitized to having to do it.

t
Old 01-27-2004, 02:17 AM
Administrator

OK, so the xcard can probably be ruled out.

There's one similarity: I too played with the music feature, but since all the songs were listed multiple times every time I tried it, I gave up on it for now. Hmmm.. that brings up something else: I removed the music directory from the import dir list & only have 2 half-hour shows in the library currently. However, the "Total Library Content" is listed as: 12444 days 9 hours 8 minutes. (Unfortunately it doesn't list the number of seconds, so I don't know if I'll have time for it all.) But... WOW! 34 years worth of recording space! Perhaps those Hauppage cards have better compression than I thought? Maybe I'll bug that and go to sleep...

- Andy
Old 01-27-2004, 03:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

I had this happen to me last night. It was recording a show at the time-- I dont think that should have anything to do with it (although, as a side note, some sort of a warning message would be nice if I try to close sage while it's recording a favorite, etc). I had to terminate the process through a task manager application (TaskInfo 2003).
Old 01-27-2004, 03:28 PM

Yeah, it finally happened to me too using V2. It's hard for me to say if anything caused it. I was just closing Sage as a test, like I said I would. Since it occasionally happened to me in 1.4, as well, I'm going to try updating my version of Java(mine's a little old) before I file a bug report.
Old 01-27-2004, 03:50 PM
Sage User

can i ask a stupid question? where is the sleep command in v2? do you have to just keep sage open all the time to be able to record planned shows and to have client access the server?
Old 01-27-2004, 03:54 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to ErsatzTom
There isn't currently a selectable/clickable item for it but you can either hit ctrl-z or map a remote button or other keystroke to the command.

t
Old 01-27-2004, 04:02 PM
Sage User

thanks for your quick reply
Old 01-28-2004, 08:07 AM
Sage User

I have the same issue. I rarely close SageTV as it runs on my media storage server but I know it worked fine in 1.4. In working through some issues with the first load of v2 though I tried to close it a few times and each time it just ignored me. I had to kill the task to close it.

It was recording something when I tried to close it, but then again sage seems to always be recording something.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by justme
Since it occasionally happened to me in 1.4, as well, I'm going to try updating my version of Java(mine's a little old) before I file a bug report.
In case any of you haven't seen my other thread regarding java... update your java software. If you are using Sun's java software, Frey has a link to there site at the bottom of this page.

I found a slight version update & it _seems_ to have fixed a couple things. Might be coincidence, so I'll test more, of course.

- Andy