SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

A few sky setup questions

I have recently purchased a technotrend 3200 S2 card with CI, and an Oasis 2 CAM.

I have the card scanning the channels correctly, and have picked up about 500 channels. However I'm not able to view any encrypted channels yet even with the cam and card inserted. I'm sure this is because of something i've not done yet, or done incorrectly, so hopefully these questions will get me on the right route.

1. I have it set to Astra(28.2), is this correct?

2. Do I have to do anything with the cam inserted like install extra software etc?

3. Is there a setting in sage that tells it I'm using a cam?

4. I haven't used my sky box for a few months now. Does it need plugging in and the card inserting to update the card?

5. If so, what does the sky box need to be connected to; Just the dish feed, or the phoneline too?

6. Do I need to rescan now that the card and cam are installed?

7. Is there anything else I've not done that isn't covered above?

Cheers for any advice
Old 03-31-2008, 04:04 AM
Sage User

You might need to update your card in the sky box over night, I dont think you need to have the phone line connected.

I Find I have to power my sage server down after adding or removing the viewing card, you might be able to just restart the sage service but I always power down.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

1. I have it set to Astra(28.2), is this correct?

yes

2. Do I have to do anything with the cam inserted like install extra software etc?

No but with TT-3200, I have to plug the CAM in with the PC power off completely or the TT-3200 doesn't see the CAM

3. Is there a setting in sage that tells it I'm using a cam?

Not as far as I know

4. I haven't used my sky box for a few months now. Does it need plugging in and the card inserting to update the card?

Yes probably

5. If so, what does the sky box need to be connected to; Just the dish feed, or the phoneline too?

Just the dish feed will do

6. Do I need to rescan now that the card and cam are installed?

No rescan rquired

7. Is there anything else I've not done that isn't covered above?

I would also advise in getting this working with the TT software first where you can get access to CAM info etc. for trouble shooting.

Whitey
Old 03-31-2008, 11:24 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by John@TunerUK View Post

Your card keys need updating since you have not used the card for so long.

Just connect the digibox to the dish, put the card in power it on and leave it overnight for a few hours. Then your card will be OK.

You need to do this every six weeks or so.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Cheers for the advice guys. I've left it in the sky box all day whilst I've been at work, so hopefully that'll be enough. I'm just waiting for a recording to finish then I'll power down and cross my fingers

EDIT
Finally got it working after much headscratching. Turns out, the card goes into the CAM upside down!
But everything is working as it should be now.
Thanks again everyone!

Last edited by John@TunerUK; 03-31-2008 at 03:25 PM.