SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-02-2008, 04:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Multi-Disc DVD Profiler Import

ryttingm and stanger89 have a very interesting (to me at least) discussion going on a modification to the dvdpro2sage code that would add the ability to better deal with multi-disc sets. This would be nice to include in SageMC once ryttingm gets it working.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
ryttingm and stanger89 have a very interesting (to me at least) discussion going on a modification to the dvdpro2sage code that would add the ability to better deal with multi-disc sets. This would be nice to include in SageMC once ryttingm gets it working.
The nice thing about the change is it would require no change to the sagemc STV. Everything that is needed is in the DVDPro2Sage.class file. Everything appears to be working for me right now, but I'd like to work with stanger89 to get his approval on the change and get it released through the correct channels before releasing it to other people.

-Mike
Old 04-03-2008, 07:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Sounds good mike. Thanks for your work on this!
Old 04-04-2008, 10:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Well, I've decided to release this for more general testing. I still have no idea if this will have a negative impact on offline dvd profiler import so if you use that feature, use this mod with caution. First start by downloading it from here.

Extract the class file and place it into your DVDPro2Sage folder in your SageTV directory. I would recommend backing up your existing class file so you can revert if you run into issues. Re-start your client/gui ( You do not need to re-start service if you're running in that mode). Congratulations, it is now up and running.

Now how to use it. Each DVD in your dvd profiler database will have a section called discs. There can be any number of discs starting at number 1. If you have the discs defined the import will not only look for folders/files that match the title of your DVD, but also match "Title - Disc #" where Disc # matches the Discs defined in your DVD Profiler database. In addition, like you can set the Original Title field in your DVD Profiler database to give and alternate folder/file name for your DVD, the Side A Description field in your DVD Profiler database can be used in a similar fashion giving an alternate folder/file name for each one of your discs in a multi-disc DVD setup.

As more people get a chance to try it out and verify that it's working properly for them, we'll ask Mike and Dirk to include this in the baseline release of SageMC.

-Mike

Edit: I've started using google code to track changes. Please go to http://code.google.com/p/dvdpro2sage/ to always get the latest and greatest.

Last edited by ryttingm; 12-22-2008 at 04:03 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

An updated version can be found here. This fixed an error when the Description Side A was left blank.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi ryttingm,

I gave it a go yesterday and it worked just as described. No problems at all. Thanks.

Mick.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:54 AM
Sage Fanatic

This looks great Mike! I'll give it a spin this weekend and see if I have any issues.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

Import seems to work just fine. Does anyone know if there is a way to nest the discs, so that the 4 discs of a tv shows appear above a master title?

Thanks!
Old 07-12-2008, 09:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylia View Post
Import seems to work just fine. Does anyone know if there is a way to nest the discs, so that the 4 discs of a tv shows appear above a master title?

Thanks!
I'm not sure I know exactly what your asking here, but here's a post I wrote that may prove beneficial.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32158

The specific section which may be useful is how you can setup arbitrary ordering of movies that are not based on the visible episode title.

-Mike
Old 07-14-2008, 10:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

That kind of looks like what I was talking about, thanks!
Old 07-15-2008, 03:42 PM
Sage User

I am having an issue getting this to work properly. I have only a couple folders setup for testing:
- DVDs
- - August Rush
- - - VIDEO_TS
- - Cheaper by the Dozen
- - - Main Feature (Widescreen)
- - - - VIDEO_TS
- - - Main Feature (Full Screen)
- - - - VIDEO_TS

When I refresh the DVD Profiler which include many more DVD's the Cheaper by the Dozen (Full Screen) shows as Alvin and The Chipmunks - Disc 1 and the (Widescreen) ahows as The NeverEnding Story II: The Next Chapter - Disc 2

If I rename Main Feature (Full Screen) to Cheaper by the Dozen - Main Feature (Full Screen), I get not metadata
If I rename Main Feature (Full Screen) to Disc 1, I get no metadata.
If I rename Main Feature (Full Screen) to Cheaper by the Dozen - Disc 1, I get the metadata but now it is not showing the description instead of the disc number.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyMaster458 View Post
I am having an issue getting this to work properly. I have only a couple folders setup for testing:
- DVDs
- - August Rush
- - - VIDEO_TS
- - Cheaper by the Dozen
- - - Main Feature (Widescreen)
- - - - VIDEO_TS
- - - Main Feature (Full Screen)
- - - - VIDEO_TS

When I refresh the DVD Profiler which include many more DVD's the Cheaper by the Dozen (Full Screen) shows as Alvin and The Chipmunks - Disc 1 and the (Widescreen) ahows as The NeverEnding Story II: The Next Chapter - Disc 2

If I rename Main Feature (Full Screen) to Cheaper by the Dozen - Main Feature (Full Screen), I get not metadata
If I rename Main Feature (Full Screen) to Disc 1, I get no metadata.
If I rename Main Feature (Full Screen) to Cheaper by the Dozen - Disc 1, I get the metadata but now it is not showing the description instead of the disc number.
2 ways to deal with this.

1. your folder name that contains the VIDEO_TS directory can match the title in dvd profiler. This name will also get used as the episode title in sagetv which is what shows up in your video library. Your file system would look like this.

DVDs
-Cheaper by the Dozen
--Cheaper by the Dozen - Disc 1
--Cheaper by the Dozen - Disc 2

and you would see

Cheaper by the Dozen - Disc 1
Cheaper by the Dozen - Disc 2

in your videos folder.

And as I type this I realize the second option isn't available. I have considered using one of the DVD profiler fields as an optional episode title so you could arbitrarily match any folder to any title. I just haven't implemented it. I was considering this so I could name my discs in my Band of Brothers boxed set by their episode title instead of by a boring disc #.

-Mike
Old 07-29-2008, 04:35 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryttingm View Post
2 ways to deal with this.
And as I type this I realize the second option isn't available. I have considered using one of the DVD profiler fields as an optional episode title so you could arbitrarily match any folder to any title. I just haven't implemented it. I was considering this so I could name my discs in my Band of Brothers boxed set by their episode title instead of by a boring disc #.

-Mike
I guess it is the second option I was trying to do. As you can see I have both Widescreen and Full Screen, I realy do not want a cheat sheet to tell me which disc 1 is and which disc 2 is.

Per your instructions
Quote:
the Side A Description field in your DVD Profiler database can be used in a similar fashion giving an alternate folder/file name for each one of your discs in a multi-disc DVD setup.
I thought I could setup the structure like so.

DVDs
-Cheaper by the Dozen
--Cheaper by the Dozen - Main Feature (Widescreen)
--Cheaper by the Dozen - Main Feature (Full Screen)
Old 07-31-2008, 02:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyMaster458 View Post
I guess it is the second option I was trying to do. As you can see I have both Widescreen and Full Screen, I realy do not want a cheat sheet to tell me which disc 1 is and which disc 2 is.

Per your instructions I thought I could setup the structure like so.

DVDs
-Cheaper by the Dozen
--Cheaper by the Dozen - Main Feature (Widescreen)
--Cheaper by the Dozen - Main Feature (Full Screen)
Unfortunately, this is only for matching the disc to a folder name. The title is still taken from the Title of the movie.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

Any chance this can be fixed to allow for genre's?
Old 12-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexhold View Post
Any chance this can be fixed to allow for genre's?
The SageMC stv controls how things are displayed and sorted in their different views. This would have to be a request to Mike and Dirk.

-Mike
Old 12-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Mike-

You fixed the other version of DVDPro2Sage for me a month or so back where it wasnt importing the genres.

Theres no way to do it for this version of DVDPro2Sage?

Its was here..

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37453

Or do I use the file from that thread and over-write this one, but keep the jar file too?

Last edited by vexhold; 12-22-2008 at 04:30 PM.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Are you having trouble importing genres? I thought you were asking that the filesystem sort be available in genre view. That's what this thread is about. If you are getting blank genres and are using DVD profiler 3.5 make sure you are using the latest dvdpro2sage code found at http://code.google.com/p/dvdpro2sage/. I guess I don't really understand your question.