SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-30-2008, 07:08 AM
Sage Expert

Media Center Video In The Wrong Place

I have one of my folders for videos defined as "S:\Videos". In that folder, one of the sub-folders I have is "TV\Frasier", and it contains the entire series that I have dumped from my DVD's for convenient watching.

The problem is that one of the AVI files in there shows up in the main Videos area in Media Center. All of the rest of them show up in the TV\Frasier sub-folder, just this one is in the wrong place.

I've also had situations where an MKV I want to watch gets identified by SageTV as a music file, but I probably need to create a separate thread for that.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get Sage to put that one Frasier file in the TV\Frasier sub-folder instead of the top level?

Last edited by aperry; 04-30-2008 at 07:12 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:38 AM
Administrator

If you view the detailed info screen for that file compared to another one in the same directory, what does it show as the full path to those files?

And, have you, by any chance, set up another import path that points directly to that subdirectory?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:53 AM
Sage Expert

Detailed info for that file shows it to be in the S:\Videos\TV\Frasier folder, like the others. The Frasier folder is not set directly as one of the import folders, just the S:\Videos folder.

Now, I do have multiple drives where I have similar structures. Specifically, I have T:\Videos and R:\Videos, both of which have a TV subfolder (with different stuff inside them). Everything seems to be working okay from what I can see except for this one Frasier episode.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:02 AM
SageTVaholic

The problem with video files showing up in music has finally been tracked down and is supposed to be fixed in the next release of SageTV.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:22 PM
Administrator

Is the folder view listing import dirs separately or combined?

Try moving the file in question to a non-import dir, refresh the imports to get rid of the file's listing (make sure it isn't listed anywahere, including on the 'Titles' view), then move it back & rescan again.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:11 PM
Sage Expert

The folder is combined I guess (I only see one "TV" folder when I get in there even though there is a "TV" folder on all three drives).

I'll try moving the file out, rerunning the import videos, and putting it back. I'll report back with what I find.