SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 01-30-2004, 08:50 AM
Sage User

Sageclient 2.011 can't view recordings

I saw a new release to the beta last night and had to try it quickly before bed.

I backed up wiz.bin/bak and my properties file on the server and installed sagetv and copied back the above files. Evrything seemed to work fine with a basic test so I installed sageclient on the bedroom pc. (backed up and restored the properties file there also.)

I had lots of problems with lockups and no display but eventually got it to work with live tv by fooling with various combiniations of Video settings. (This machine worked perfectly with 1.4, Intel875, Radeon 9200, WinXP, 512Mb).

Whenever I went to Sage recordings and selected something to watch I was brought back to the current live TV show...

I deleted the SageTV directory and resinstalled and the same thing happened...

I'll tray the client on another machine tonight, but does anyone have any ideas? Anyone else experience this?

On another note I really like the improvements to the menu navigation!
Old 01-30-2004, 11:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Try turning off the 3D accelerated graphics in one of the detail setup screens. And also try changing from overlay to vmr or visa versa. Try one or the other first, not both.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:42 AM
Sage User

Thanks Gerry but I tried that. Thats what I meant when I said:

"eventually got it to work with live tv by fooling with various combiniations of Video settings."

Ended up with defaults and no hardware acceleration.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:30 PM
Sage User

ok I tried the setup on a different computer and have similar issues. If I fool with various options in the video settings I will eventually get something to display either a recording or LiveTV. But once I get that to display I can not switch to anything else. I can view recordings and the live guide but when you try to actually watch anything it looks like it's going to do it but it brings me back to what I was previously watching.

I uninstalled Sageclient, uninstalled Java, updated Java, reinstalled Sageclient(many times). Still no luck. I also tried a clean install of SAgeTV on the server and no luck.

I am not back to 2.0.10 client with 2.0.11 server and it seems to be resolve the client issue of at least watching something....aaaargghh
Old 01-31-2004, 07:57 AM
Sage User

Feel stupid but please disregard this thread/posting.....

All I can attest to here is that Sageclient 2.0.11 does not work properly with SageTV 2.0.10....Doh!

What can I say it was late when I installed the server software and I was in a rush to see the enhancements....

All is well with the proper versions installed and I like it alot! Thanks Frey!!