SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Placeshifter
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Placeshifter Discussion related to the SageTV Placeshifter application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Placeshifter software application should be posted here.

Old 05-19-2008, 09:43 AM
Sage User

Placeshifter says I'm logged in when I'm not?

Hi,

Apologies for asking a basic question--but some searches and documentation scouring haven't yielded an answer for me yet.

I bought a Placeshifter license, and was using it no problem from a remote location (my work). I went home for the weekend, tried Placeshifter on a few different machines just to give it a test run, and it did great. Now I'm back at work, and when I try to log in via Placeshifter, it says I have no available users--as in, it's saying I need to log off elsewhere or buy another license.

Here's the rub: none of the machines that had Placeshifter running over the weekend are currently powered on.

I've restarted SageTV, then rebooted the machine (both using RDC to tap into the home server from work), and still get the same issue.

How do I tell my SageTV server that no one is currently logged in?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:30 AM
Sage User

I also tried removing and re-adding the user. Still being told it's a trial, even though I purchased.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Administrator

Does the server still say that the Placeshifter license is registered?

Unless someone else has run into this before, you may just want to submit a support request.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:43 AM
Sage User

I just un-registered and re-registered both of my Extender/Placeshifter licenses, and am getting the same error. I'll open a support ticket. Thanks!
Old 05-19-2008, 10:46 AM
Administrator

When you run the license registration program, remember to make sure that SageTV is not running at that time.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Just to cover the obvious: do you have a Media Extender powered up that wasn't powered up before? Extenders and Placeshifter share licenses, so if you have just one license, turning an Extender on will lock out Placeshfter users.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:48 AM
Sage User

Thank you for all of the suggestions!

I had it working for a day...and now I'm back where I started. I thought that un-registering and re-registering my purchased serial was what did it, but this morning I'm getting the same error message: "This is a 15 day trial" in red and kicking me out.

I still need to reboot my machine, I'm just waiting for it to complete a few other intensive tasks.

Aside from turning off the SageTV server via the UI, do I need to do anything else to refresh it / get it to realize that I have a valid license?

Thanks in advance for your continued help!

P.S. no other extenders in the equation, yet -- I have two licenses because I have a sage HD100 on the way.
Old 05-21-2008, 11:35 AM
Sage User

OK, now I'm *REALLY* frazzled.

I turned off the server from within the GUI, then rebooted the machine, turned it back on, voila, everything's perfect.

I watch TV for a half hour.

I disconnect to go to a meeting.

I come back, I get the "15 day trial / purchase" error.

I could reboot, but am I goign to have to do that every time I disconnect from PS? Will I have to re-register my serials daily once my extender arrives? (I'm not trying to be dramatic--this has literally been my experience thus far, and I'm frustrated because I love the products aside from this.)
Old 05-21-2008, 11:41 AM
Administrator

Have you submitted a tech support request?

- Andy
Old 05-21-2008, 11:45 AM
Sage User

Not yet.

I thought since I had it working yesterday that I was good... going to submit ticket request now.

Thanks again
Old 05-22-2008, 11:14 AM
Sage Icon

I have had this happen to me on one occasion.

While you are at work they may be proxing everything and so the proxy server may be holding up your connection from work.

I think it may also have something to do with the way you log off.

Before you connect! In the connection selection prompt...

Click settings and check the box that says:

Exit application after closing server connection.