SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:35 AM
Sage Icon

Dual HD Video Output With HD100

I just got a small LCD to sit by my plasma so that I don't have to turn on my plasma to select music, etc. I first tried an HDMI splitter from Monoprice which allowed me to view the output on both screens at the same time but I lose the signal to my plasma whenever I turn off the LCD.

Next I tried using the component output to the LCD (still with HDMI to the plasma) but component output only seems to be enabled when I switch the HD100 to 480i? This kind of works but the picture on the LCD is not very good due to the low resolution.

I guess I could get some kind of component splitter and use component to the plasma as well but this kind of defeats the purpose of HDMI. Has anyone had any luck with this?
Old 05-22-2008, 08:37 AM
Sage User

Mine works fine with component resolutions above 480i. Are you confusing component (3 video rca cables) with composite (1 video rca cable)?
Old 05-22-2008, 08:52 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckSchick View Post
Mine works fine with component resolutions above 480i. Are you confusing component (3 video rca cables) with composite (1 video rca cable)?
No, I am talking about component output. So you have both HDMI and component outputs at the same time for every resolution? Maybe my plasma is the limiting factor. My plasma can't do 1080P so I have now found that if I switch the output resolution of the HD100 to 1080P I can see it on my LCD (through component) and no display on my plasma. I guess this is ok since the resolution on the LCD is good now but I would prefer to not have to manually switch the output on the HD100.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:56 AM
Sage User

Are you using the cheap $15 Passive HDMI Splitter from Monoprice? If so, that's the problem. I tried it also and never got it to work properly. I purchased an Active 3 way HDMI splitter on ebay for about $90 shipped and am able to use the HDMI output from the HD100 with two 46" Sharp LCD's and a Mitsubishi DLP projector all at the same time or in any combination with not one problem. There probably will be a problem using this splitter setup with a blueray player as then HDCP would come into play but the HD100 and a PC work fine.
Old 05-22-2008, 03:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally View Post
Are you using the cheap $15 Passive HDMI Splitter from Monoprice? If so, that's the problem. I tried it also and never got it to work properly.
Yes, thanks for the advice. I hesitate to spend so much on a splitter so I guess for now I will just "train" the household to make an extra button push to switch the video output on the HD100.