SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 01-30-2004, 08:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to krutaw
Question PVR-350 - Great Picture or Blue Corderoy?

Okay, so I'd like to emphasize again that I'm completely aware that this is a beta version, and that I completely appreciate being able to see the next version and play with it before it's released.

.... Disclaimer's done..

So I purchased a PVR-350 specifically for SAGETV 2.0 so that I could take advantage of the hardware decoder, OSD through the PVR-350, and get the great picture quality that I've hear people rave about. Indeed the picture quality is great, however, I've run into a slight problem.

Whenever I watch a video that has been pre-recorded from before the 350, or even one that it has recorded, it locks up and shows what I call "blue corderoy" on the screen. The lines that you see are really on the tv, it's not just a picture distortion. Here's a screenshot (please don't laugh at the flash or the dust):

Also, I'm somewhat of a happy-clicker when it comes to remotes... I just can't help clicking that info button on the silver remote. heheh Anyway, if while watching a video (it happens even if I don't do it... it just happens faster if I do..) I start hitting any keys on the remote, it locks up within 3 button presses.

In case anyone has any questions, here's my setup:

Hardware:
P4 1.7ghz
512mb ram
160gb drive space (80gb free and all recently defragged and scaned for errors.)
NVidia GeForce2 MX420 video card (PCI)
PVR-350

Software:
Windows XP (all patches applied)
SageTV 2.0.11 Beta
Hauppauge 1.8 drivers from SHS's website
PowerDVD 4(works like a dream on the monitor)

Settings in SAGETV 2:
Multimedia -
aspect - 4x3
recording quality - svcd long play 1gb / hour
screen svr on sleep - disabled
saver timeout - 20mins
enable tvout on 350 - enabled
enable ui on 350 - enabled
hardware decoder only - enabled

video -
renderer - vmr9
mpeg2 video decoder - cyberlink video/SP decoder
(rest defaults)

Audio -
renderer - intel intergrated audio
decoder filter - intervideo noncss
audio playback delay - 0

Advanced -
Server - enabled
Maj/Min tuning - disabled
P4 celeron fix - disabled
video orbiting - 0 mins
3d accel - disabled

Okay, what am I missing? I'm trying to make this thing as stable as a beta can be, and I don't think I've missed any of the settings that would cause problems, but hey, anyone can miss something easy. Also, I know it's not impossible to do, since others have posted that they have done it, and Narflex and Dan have said that it works... So, what did I miss?

Andy Kruta A+, CNA, MCSA, Network+, RHCE

"It's kinda fun to do the impossible"
- Walt Disney
Old 01-31-2004, 12:33 PM

I'm a new kid on the block, running the Trial version (1.4) of SageTV on a dedicated W2k box with the PVR-350 for video in/out.

Last night I was about 90% thru recording and viewing a movie when, while diddling the controls, I was suddenly presented with a Grey-Blue Corderoy [sic] screen as described and pictured by Andy Kruta. I had to reboot the box to get Sage working again.

Conclusion: This ain't just a 2.0 problem.

Old 01-31-2004, 12:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally posted by pops
I'm a new kid on the block, running the Trial version (1.4) of SageTV on a dedicated W2k box with the PVR-350 for video in/out.

Last night I was about 90% thru recording and viewing a movie when, while diddling the controls, I was suddenly presented with a Grey-Blue Corderoy [sic] screen as described and pictured by Andy Kruta. I had to reboot the box to get Sage working again.

Warm Regards,

- Walt Disney
Old 01-31-2004, 03:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally posted by pops

You know, since you said that I just *HAD* to test it with version 1.4.10, and sure enough, it's like a rock on my 350 in 1.4.10. *SIGH* Well, at least that means it's not my 350, but instead a beta issue. Also, it works flawlessly with the hauppauge software.

Anyway, I filed a bug report before I created this thread. Only bad news is that I didn't have nearly as much information when I submitted the bug.

Once again, I'd like to point out that I'm not bashing 2.0, because I *LOVE* the new gui, and completely respect that it's beta, and am just trying to help where I can.

- Walt Disney