SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
I actually found this recently and it's fixed in the Jetty plugin version 1.4.
That looks like it fixed my original issue. After updating Jetty and SageWebApp it now works on my BlackBerry 8800 using the BB Internet Browser. Thank you very much.

However, there are a few new issues that popped up. I am assuming they are from the new version of the SageWebApp. I now get HTTP 500 errors when clicking on Video Conversions, Upcoming Recordings, Manage Favorites, or Resolve Recording Conflicts. I get them on both my BlackBerry and my computer. I am not sure if it matters, but those pages work fine on Nielm's Web User Interface. I have attached the HTTP 500 error pages I get on my computer noting that they are "Unable to find setter method for attribute:..." Could these be from something not starting up right on my end? Or, are these issues with the new SageWebApp version being a work in progress? Would you like for me to post new SageTV and Jetty debug logs?

Thanks again.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Http_Error_500.zip (5.6 KB, 280 views)
Old 10-23-2008, 07:02 AM
Sage Icon

The new version of the web app uses Sage API wrappers that are auto-generated from the javadoc and it looks like the wrappers from the previous web app version are still being used. Jetty may not have reloaded everything correctly when you upgraded the web app.

Try this to make sure the old wrappers aren't still there:
  1. Stop SageTV.
  2. Delete SAGE_HOME/jetty/contexts/sagewebapp.xml, SAGE_HOME/jetty/webapps/SageWebApp.war, and the SAGE_HOME/jetty/webapps/SageWebApp directory.
  3. Reinstall SageWebApp.zip (Unzip the SageWebApp.zip into the SAGE_HOME directory).
  4. Start SageTV.
Then try the web pages again.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. I added a list of applications that run in Jetty (just the mobile web interface for now) to the Jetty wiki page. The mobile web interface install and upgrade wiki pages already have instructions for installing the Jetty plugin and nielm's web server. All the wiki links as well as post #6 now reference the new download page for getting the mobile web interface. Feel free to point out anything that might still be missing.
Just thought I'd mention that my SRE v2.x plugin also runs exclusively under Jetty. I updated your wiki to reflect that. Also, the next release of my SJQ plugin (v2.0.0) is also moving to Jetty, but nothing's ready yet so I'll update the wiki later for SJQ.

While I'm here, I haven't upgraded the Jetty plugin on any of my systems yet (I don't use the mobile app), but should I expect anything to break by upgrading the Jetty plugin (i.e. do I need to make any changes to the apps I'm writing)?
Old 10-23-2008, 07:12 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for adding it to the wiki.

You shouldn't need to change anything. I renamed the Java packages from net.sf.sageplugins.* to sagex.*, but there isn't very much exposed to the hosted applications. I did add APIs in 1.4 so applications can inspect Jetty's configuration (host, port number, etc). I'll add some doc on the wiki when I get a chance.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
The new version of the web app uses Sage API wrappers that are auto-generated from the javadoc and it looks like the wrappers from the previous web app version are still being used. Jetty may not have reloaded everything correctly when you upgraded the web app.
jreichen, that was it. Working great on both my BlackBerry Internet Browser and Opera Mini. Thanks so much.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Just set this up on my Blackjack II (Samsung i617) running WM6. Very cool. Setup was fairly painless, except that none of the properties files were easily editable in Notepad due to CRLF weirdness. I had to use Wordpad instead.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:56 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
Setup was fairly painless, except that none of the properties files were easily editable in Notepad due to CRLF weirdness. I had to use Wordpad instead.
Thanks for the heads up. I use Linux and forgot all about that. I think Ant has a task that can convert files from one to the other so I might be able to make that an automatic part of the build.
, Java 1.6.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks for adding it to the wiki.

You shouldn't need to change anything. I renamed the Java packages from net.sf.sageplugins.* to sagex.*, but there isn't very much exposed to the hosted applications. I did add APIs in 1.4 so applications can inspect Jetty's configuration (host, port number, etc). I'll add some doc on the wiki when I get a chance.
I'm having some problems with the hot deploy. It seems if Sage is started with a war file already in the webapps dir then you can't overwrite that war file without stopping Sage, which, of course, kills the hot deploy capabilities. But the context file can still be overwritten. On the other hand, if I deploy the app after Sage has started then the war can be deleted, redeployed, etc. without the need to stop Sage. Any thoughts on this? Probably worth noting I haven't upgraded to the latest version of the plugin (yet).
Old 10-28-2008, 12:47 PM
SageTVaholic

I am having no luck running this addin. I have neilm's webserver running fine. Here is what I get in the log file:

Quote:
Tue 10/28 14:40:58.139 ERROR Loading startup runnable extension of:java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.sf.sageplugins.jetty.starter.Main
Note - in the .properties files the line wrapping was hosed - likely due to the Linux/DOS issue. I tried fixing this in JettyStarter.properties but perhaps I missed something. Does anyone have any suggestions?

There are a bunch of jetty files in the JARs folder.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
ClassNotFoundException: net.sf.sageplugins.jetty.starter.Main
As noted earlier in the thread, the class name has been changed from net.sf.sageplugins.jetty.starter.Main to sagex.jetty.starter.Main. The instructions in the first post are obsolete. Use the current instructions in the wiki.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:59 PM
SageTVaholic

OK - I have it working now. It looks like that it will not work with the default Blackberry browser on the Blackberry Bold but it will work with Opera Mini on the Bold. I have posted this info to the wiki. On the default browser I get HTTP Error 400 - and when I select details I see "Connection refused"

p.s. I suggest that post 1 be changed to delete the instructions that are no longer applicable.

Last edited by wayner; 10-28-2008 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
OK - I have it working now. It looks like that it will not work with the default Blackberry browser on the Blackberry Bold but it will work with Opera Mini on the Bold. I have posted this info to the wiki. On the default browser I get HTTP Error 400 - and when I select details I see "Connection refused"

p.s. I suggest that post 1 be changed to delete the instructions that are no longer applicable.
Do you have the Jetty plugin 1.4? Back in post 178, we discovered that the Blackberry 8800 browser doesn't send one of the http headers and that caused problems with the Jetty plugin 1.3 and earlier. If that's not your problem, please post your sagetv_0.txt log. We'll start with that one. (Voorhees went through several steps back around post 178 to post some logs and it looks like it would be a good idea for me to put them on the wiki).

Thanks to those of you who have added your device info to the wiki.
, Java 1.6.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Do you have the Jetty plugin 1.4? Back in post 178, we discovered that the Blackberry 8800 browser doesn't send one of the http headers and that caused problems with the Jetty plugin 1.3 and earlier.
How do I tell which Jetty plugin that I have? I think I have the latest but I could be wrong - if it worked with the Curve then it should work with the Bold as the Bold has a much improved browser, but you never know.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
I'm having some problems with the hot deploy. It seems if Sage is started with a war file already in the webapps dir then you can't overwrite that war file without stopping Sage, which, of course, kills the hot deploy capabilities. But the context file can still be overwritten. On the other hand, if I deploy the app after Sage has started then the war can be deleted, redeployed, etc. without the need to stop Sage. Any thoughts on this? Probably worth noting I haven't upgraded to the latest version of the plugin (yet).
I haven't ever run into this with Jetty. What OS are you running?

I have seen it rarely in other Java work I've done (unrelated to Sage), but I just blow away the process. Definitely not ideal in this case...
, Java 1.6.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
How do I tell which Jetty plugin that I have? I think I have the latest but I could be wrong - if it worked with the Curve then it should work with the Bold as the Bold has a much improved browser, but you never know.
Good question I'll add that to the todo list. If you still have the zip file you downloaded, compare its size to the different versions on the Sourceforge download page.
, Java 1.6.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:23 PM
SageTVaholic

I had downloaded that file but perhaps I didn't copy over the files. I will try tomorrow and get back to you as Sage is recording right now. Thanks for your help and great work on this app!
Old 10-28-2008, 10:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
ClassNotFoundException: net.sf.sageplugins.jetty.starter.Main
Sorry for the confusion and thanks to Greg for helping you out so quickly.

I figured it was better to make the package name change now while it's still "Pre-release" and fewer people are using it.

Brent, when you get a chance could you update the first post? The setup info is all available on the wiki so it's probably better just to point there and have it in one location. Especially since I can't update the first post
, Java 1.6.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I had downloaded that file but perhaps I didn't copy over the files.
Make sure to clean up the Jetty 6.1.7 files if you had an older version of the Jetty plugin installed. It now uses Jetty 6.1.11. Details are on the Jetty upgrade wiki page.
, Java 1.6.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I haven't ever run into this with Jetty. What OS are you running?

I have seen it rarely in other Java work I've done (unrelated to Sage), but I just blow away the process. Definitely not ideal in this case...
WinXP. It seems if I try to unzip a package using the native WinZip GUI or from a Windows command prompt I get the error (unable to overwrite the war), but when using Cygwin and its unzip from a cygwin shell I'm able to overwrite the wars without an issue. Of course, it's unlikely that most users are going to have/use Cygwin when installing/upgrading apps so I fear that the hot deploy capabilities are not going to be very useful (in the case where Jetty is started with war files already in the webapps dir, which will be quite common after the initial deployment of an app).

This behaviour is consistent on two different machines - both XP.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Do you have the Jetty plugin 1.4? Back in post 178, we discovered that the Blackberry 8800 browser doesn't send one of the http headers and that caused problems with the Jetty plugin 1.3 and earlier. If that's not your problem, please post your sagetv_0.txt log. We'll start with that one. (Voorhees went through several steps back around post 178 to post some logs and it looks like it would be a good idea for me to put them on the wiki).
I redownloaded the Jetty 1.4 files and overwrote all of the files in the Sage folders - I believe I may have already had these. Is there anything else I have to do such as delete files so that they re regenerated?