SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:41 AM
Sage Icon

It was compiled for Java 6. I recompiled them for 1.5. Get jettystarter_1_0_01.zip from the downloads page and SageWebApp.zip again from the link above.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Just to let you know...the new web app is working great from Windows Mobile 6 using PIE. My main activity is managing the recording schedule.

I've been using it both from my phone (PPC-6700) and the Windows Mobile Emulator on my PC.

I think you've done a good job of formatting the displays for a mobile browser. My only suggestion right now is related to the guide listing. There needs to be some method for jumping to a specific date and time slot. For example it's morning right now, but I'd like to see the primetime listing. It takes a while to "Next>" through the entire day.

Anyway great work!

Rick...
Old 06-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Sage Expert

Hi there - I am a heavy user of nielm's web browser plugin and would love to get it to work on my Blackberrry. I tried following the directions and am having issues.

1. When do you think there will be an easier way to install/set this up?
2. I updated the port in jetty.xml and the jettystarter.properties file to 8889 and also added the appropriate string to the sage.properties file. When I restart the Sage server, I don't see anything listening on that port when I use netstat -a. Any ideas on how to debug this? In looking through the sagetv_0.txt log, things seem to be OK.

Note that I'm running Vista with UAC turned off. My nielm web server works great on port 8888.
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 06-04-2008, 11:19 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri View Post
1. When do you think there will be an easier way to install/set this up?
This is pretty early in development. I haven't thought much about simplifying installation. Eventually I'd like to deliver the desktop and mobile web servers together.
Quote:
2. I updated the port in jetty.xml and the jettystarter.properties file to 8889 and also added the appropriate string to the sage.properties file. When I restart the Sage server, I don't see anything listening on that port when I use netstat -a. Any ideas on how to debug this? In looking through the sagetv_0.txt log, things seem to be OK.
Take a look at posts 14 and 15 in this thread. I'm guessing there are spaces in the path to your SageTV install location. I'm working on a fix, so for now try the workaround.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Is this supposed to work from a regular browser too? When clicking on anything I get weird chars filling the screen.

B
Old 06-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins View Post
Is this supposed to work from a regular browser too? When clicking on anything I get weird chars filling the screen.

B
Yes, it works from a regular browser. I just noticed those weird chars for the first time last night. I don't know what's causing it. It happened when I clicked on a recording group for The Office, but not for any other shows.
, Java 1.6.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Sage Expert

OK... I started over to make sure I did this right... here are the steps I performed (would be good to consolidate these somewhere so we don't have to dig throughout this thread)... looks like the logfile may give us some help?

1. Unzipped jettystarter_1_0_01.zip and SageWebApp.zip to C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV folder
2. Updated JettyStarter.properties to include the updated options:
Code:
jetty.configfiles=C\:\\PROGRA~1\\SageTV\\SageTV\\jetty\\etc\\jetty.xml
jetty.logs=C\:\\PROGRA~1\\SageTV\\SageTV\\jetty\\logs
3. Updated sage.properties file with the following property:
Code:
load_at_startup_runnable_classes=net.sf.sageplugins.webserver.StartServer;net.sf.sageplugins.jetty.starter.Main
4. Updated jetty.xml file to indicate I want to use port 8889 (do I need to update any other port options?... I see multiple references in that xml file):
Code:
      <Arg>
          <New class="org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector">
            <Set name="host"><SystemProperty name="jetty.host" /></Set>
            <Set name="port"><SystemProperty name="jetty.port" default="8889"/></Set>
From logfile
Code:
Wed 6/4 19:52:34.937 Loading startup runnable:net.sf.sageplugins.jetty.starter.Main
Wed 6/4 19:52:34.939 Loaded startup runnable:net.sf.sageplugins.jetty.starter.Main
Wed 6/4 19:52:34.939 JettyStarter: Starting Jetty
Wed 6/4 19:52:34.941 Starting webserver with args: [-p, 8888, -root, webserver, -t, throttles.properties, -s, servlets.properties, -r, realms.properties, -a, aliases.properties, -nohup]
Wed 6/4 19:52:34.944 jetty.home property: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\jetty
Wed 6/4 19:52:34.944 jetty.logs property: C:\PROGRA~1\SageTV\SageTV\jetty\logs
Wed 6/4 19:52:34.945 JettyStarter properties
Wed 6/4 19:52:34.945 -- listing properties --
Wed 6/4 19:52:34.945 jetty.logs=C:\PROGRA~1\SageTV\SageTV\jetty\logs
Wed 6/4 19:52:34.945 jetty.configfiles=C:\PROGRA~1\SageTV\SageTV\jetty\etc\j...
Wed 6/4 19:52:34.945 jetty.home=C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\jetty
Wed 6/4 19:52:34.946 Starting Jetty from the following configuration files: 'C' '\PROGRA~1\SageTV\SageTV\jetty\etc\jetty.xml'
Wed 6/4 19:52:34.982 Acme httpd BRI-HTPC:8888 listening.
Is there an issue with the line that says "Starting Jetty from the following configuration files: 'C' '\PROGRA~1\SageTV\SageTV\jetty\etc\jetty.xml'"?... looks fishy to me...
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 06-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Sage Fanatic

I would love to see a Closed Caption of some type added to it. Or Closed Caption converted into subtitle the streamed etc. Mplayer can take CC and hard subtitle it into the video itself before streaming it so that would be a very nice feature to have.

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 06-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
OK... I started over to make sure I did this right... here are the steps I performed (would be good to consolidate these somewhere so we don't have to dig throughout this thread)... looks like the logfile may give us some help?
Yes it did! I had a bug in 1.0.01 where it was parsing the config files line using colons, that's why you saw the "fishy" message I'm still learning about uploading files to SourceForge, so the 1.0 and 1.0.01 downloads are now the same. It wouldn't have done any good to try that one.

Quote:
2. Updated JettyStarter.properties to include the updated options:
Code:
jetty.configfiles=C\:\\PROGRA~1\\SageTV\\SageTV\\jetty\\etc\\jetty.xml
jetty.logs=C\:\\PROGRA~1\\SageTV\\SageTV\\jetty\\logs
As of 1.0.02, you don't need to modify the paths in JettyStarter.properties. It now has quotes around each path to allow paths with spaces.
Quote:
4. Updated jetty.xml file to indicate I want to use port 8889 (do I need to update any other port options?... I see multiple references in that xml file):
Code:
      <Arg>
          <New class="org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector">
            <Set name="host"><SystemProperty name="jetty.host" /></Set>
            <Set name="port"><SystemProperty name="jetty.port" default="8889"/></Set>
That's the only port that needs to be modified. There's also a "confidential port" setting in there that can be used for the SSL port. I don't have instructions yet for setting up SSL.

Version 1.0.02 has been posted to the download page. Right now the instructions for upgrading the Jetty plugin are the same as they are for installing. Just make sure to save off any files you have modified. (JettyStarter.properties can be overwritten, but for those of you who have modified the port, make sure to back up jetty/etc/jetty.xml and make the change to the file again after unzipping the file)

EDIT: I also modified jetty/etc/realm.properties so the default user/password is sage/frey.
, Java 1.6.

Last edited by jreichen; 06-04-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickw View Post
Just to let you know...the new web app is working great from Windows Mobile 6 using PIE. My main activity is managing the recording schedule.
Great to hear it!

Quote:
I've been using it both from my phone (PPC-6700) and the Windows Mobile Emulator on my PC.
My phone is a Samsung A737. It has a pretty small screen compared to the PDA's and uses the NetFront 3.4 browser. It works pretty well, but I think I'm working with the lowest common denominator. I'm interested in hearing what devices other people are using.

Quote:
I think you've done a good job of formatting the displays for a mobile browser. My only suggestion right now is related to the guide listing. There needs to be some method for jumping to a specific date and time slot. For example it's morning right now, but I'd like to see the primetime listing. It takes a while to "Next>" through the entire day.
I agree. I'll put it on the TODO list. I think the layout turned out well, considering mobile screens are narrow. But the more I use it I wish I could jump directly to a date/time. One trick I use is to click the "plus" and "minus" links to expand the time span, then use "Next". So if the time span is two hours, each time you click "Next" it jumps forward two hours instead of the default of one.
, Java 1.6.

Old 06-04-2008, 11:33 PM
Sage Icon

I found a problem in the Jetty plugin 1.0.02 I just released. The jetty.configfiles setting works fine, but the jetty.logs setting does not. Use Rick's workaround in post #15 for jetty.logs for now. I'll fix it in the next day or two, then get back to working on the web pages.
, Java 1.6.

Old 06-05-2008, 03:54 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
Yes it did! I had a bug in 1.0.01 where it was parsing the config files line using colons, that's why you saw the "fishy" message I'm still learning about uploading files to SourceForge, so the 1.0 and 1.0.01 downloads are now the same. It wouldn't have done any good to try that one.

As of 1.0.02, you don't need to modify the paths in JettyStarter.properties. It now has quotes around each path to allow paths with spaces.
That's the only port that needs to be modified. There's also a "confidential port" setting in there that can be used for the SSL port. I don't have instructions yet for setting up SSL.
Getting warmer.... I used 1.0.02 and jetty is now listening on the port I need. I get a 404 error though when I navigate to: http://localhost:8889/sage/m/menu.jsp
Code:
HTTP ERROR: 404
NOT_FOUND
RequestURI=/sage/m/menu.jsp