SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-30-2008, 07:14 PM
Sage User

Lost ... Video Meta Data

I have been using SageMC for a year now. I use it on all of my clients and my server. My server has not been rebooted for 2 months.

Yesterday, I noticed that the meta data for all of my videos (dvds) was gone. Is there a limit on how many video files that db will support? The only thing that was going-on was that I had recently ripped a couple of DVDs.

The video data is stored on 3 different drives.

I am stumped. Anyone-else had this issue?

Any way I can persist the meta data in files like ".my" files ... as protection?

I have a back-up of my sage directory from a week ago. Any way to restore just the video meta data ... an not the TV show data?
Old 05-31-2008, 09:11 AM
Sage User

I'm new to Sage but just completed my system setup.

It sounds like you are storing IMDB data which is by default limited to 1,000 (I'm assuming entries) You can change the amount of data and the location of that data in the settings menus.

If that is the case, then the good thing is you should be able to re-lookup the data on IMDB.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlandrum View Post
I have been using SageMC for a year now. I use it on all of my clients and my server. My server has not been rebooted for 2 months.

Yesterday, I noticed that the meta data for all of my videos (dvds) was gone. Is there a limit on how many video files that db will support? The only thing that was going-on was that I had recently ripped a couple of DVDs.

The video data is stored on 3 different drives.

I am stumped. Anyone-else had this issue?

Any way I can persist the meta data in files like ".my" files ... as protection?

I have a back-up of my sage directory from a week ago. Any way to restore just the video meta data ... an not the TV show data?
David,
Are you using DVDProfiler or just IMDB search for the metadata?
Old 05-31-2008, 11:27 AM
Sage User

just imdb
Old 05-31-2008, 12:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

IMDB data seems to disappear if you move directories around. So, if you did that, that's your explanation. The only IMDB thing that would remain is the image because I believe that's stored in the directory itself. Been a bit of a pain for me too, I'd love a better solution to this.
Media Server / NAS:
Case: Thermaltake Armor CPU: AMD Opteron 1218 (2.6GHz Dual Core) Motherboard: ASUS MN2-LR Memory: 2GB Gfx Card: Headless Tuner: Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge PVR-350 (not in use) O/S: Windows 7 Sage: Latest RAID: On-Board Drives: 6 x 1.5TB SATA RAID-5, 2 x 80GB IDE RAID-1 (O/S) Storage: 7.5TB Total
Old 06-02-2008, 06:24 AM
Sage User

I have the paths setup as UNC, but they point back to the same computer. I have the server on battery backup, but not the switch. Maybe the power went out and sage did a scan, did not find any of them, and reset the db?
Old 06-02-2008, 10:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlandrum View Post
I have the paths setup as UNC, but they point back to the same computer. I have the server on battery backup, but not the switch. Maybe the power went out and sage did a scan, did not find any of them, and reset the db?
Can't say for sure but if you don't have your switch on a UPS then when the power goes out you will loose your network connection and any recordings going to UNC paths will be broken into segments or left as just a partial recording or possibly even deleted. Found this out myself the hard way. I would recomend you put your switch on a UPS if you use UNC recording drives in any case.

Note there are ways around this problem but Sage had problems with using the Loop back adapter in the past and may still have the same problem with the current version. It came down to just putting the switches on a UPS along with the server and thereby keep the network connection up.

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 06-02-2008 at 10:30 AM. Reason: added note
Old 06-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Sage Icon

You can save the metadata using RW Metadata STVI found HERE. Not sure about using it with SageMC though. You might have to switch STV's when saving the .my or .properties files...